7.3 goofy power surge

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. I have a 2000 f250 6speed with a 7.3.. 38r, 180cc injectors with stock nozzles and Tony wildman tunes... I'm getting this weird surge when I drive.. I've heard of guys loosing power and could be the pedal but I'm actually getting jolts of power.. Changed ICP sensor, IPR and IDM still no change.. Working with Tony to see if its the tunes.. Any ideas???

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

turboTwang6

Reaction score
Actually going through this same thing with a 99 7.3. Make sure the nut is still on the back of the IPR and not laying in the valley. We also noticed tonys tunes seem to be a bit sensitive to throttle input above ~1900 RPMs or so. Post up if you and Tony end up finding a problem, I'm working with him as well and I'll let you know if I find out anything.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Ya nuts still there.. We thought maybe it was my IDM cause someone home brewed a 140v highfreq jobber but that didn't seem to change anything... I'm also having a problem coming off sled pull to all other tunes.. ICP drops so much it dies.. What's it idling ICP at?

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
I was just wondering if fuel pressure is dropping while it's surging. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Well its like ur driving at about 1800 rpm maintaining and then you get a boost of energy. ICP will jump a bit and throttle percent moves a lil but not enough to how it feels..

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Well its like ur driving at about 1800 rpm maintaining and then you get a boost of energy. ICP will jump a bit and throttle percent moves a lil but not enough to how it feels..

Lol probably not fuel pressure
Does it do it in all positions on the chip?
How about with out the chip installed

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Lol probably not fuel pressure
Does it do it in all positions on the chip?
How about with out the chip installed

With it stock mode it won't do it cause of the setup I have it has no power lol the tunes definitely pronounce it more... It is hard to explain.. But I'm not throwing any codes either...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my pressure is alright with as much extra fuel I'm wasting (smoke) but definitely worth a try

low fuel pressure will create more smoke. whats voltage doing? not on the dash gauge either. need a voltmeter or voltage gauge in cab while driving.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online