7.3 Headers / Performance manifolds

Black 02

Reaction score
David told me that the headers he sells have the output in the same place as the manifolds, so they are a direct bolt in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whats your username? I.cant click on embedded youtube links. Like.they arent even there.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Put the stock manifolds back on.

Yea, I.cant believe.that a drastic.change in sound doesnt equate to a significant.change in power output. They work on EVERYTHING else, why not here? I mean we're still oxidizing fuel to make power. Im gonna run some one.day.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Yea, I.cant believe.that a drastic.change in sound doesnt equate to a significant.change in power output. They work on EVERYTHING else, why not here? I mean we're still oxidizing fuel to make power. Im gonna run some one.day.

airflow is airflow period.

907DAVE

Reaction score
How about longevity?

It seems that some have had good luck, while other have had nothing but issues with them warping/ cracking.

Any input?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Would having the header ceramic coated on the inside to keep the heat away from the metal help with the cracking problem?

neverkickn

Reaction score
How about longevity?

It seems that some have had good luck, while other have had nothing but issues with them warping/ cracking.

Any input?

More discussion on this please. Maybe there is nothing to discuss, but are headers better served on a play truck or are they work truck reliable?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Look for videos of Jason Lambert's (powerstrokenstang) truck, he has headers and a bunch of vids on YouTube.

Thanks! Headed over right now.

That thing sounds.nasty!! Wow....

Last edited:

PSDEng

Reaction score
More discussion on this please. Maybe there is nothing to discuss, but are headers better served on a play truck or are they work truck reliable?

As far as empirical evidence goes, I'm not sure there is any. From what I've followed, I personally know guys (these are all competition trucks mind you) that have had no issues with cracking and others that have to re-weld certain spots almost monthly. These are on trucks that see 2000* EGTs 2-3 times a week during pulling season though. How they would act on a street truck, I can't honestly answer, but my best guess would be that since they aren't subjected to the extreme heat cycles there may not be as many issues.

Hopefully somebody with some street time on a set of these can chime in and add some insight into this matter.

Latest posts

Members online