7.3 no start plz help!

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
99.5 7.3 170kmiles upgrades: GT38R turbo,big intercooler,performance HPOP,riffraff fuel crossover...
Driving to work friday morning doing about 75mph truck started running a little funny EGTs spiked to about 1200 for a brief second than dropped to around 700 all other gauges were normal....looked in my mirror seen interstate covered in smoke than smoke coming through vents i pulled over and truck stalled out,opened hood and had small fire just below exhaust side of turbo abd a little flame on the exhaust side of turbo
(fire burned itself out after about 20 seconds)
As of now no damage to the naked eye from fire
And i do not know if smoke that covered interstate was from engine bay or exhaust....i had alot of oil all over passenger side of truck and all on the ground as well as a mix between oil and fuel on windshield....popped hood after it was towed home turned key to on position and seen fuel spraying out of braided fuel line that goes to the riffraff crossover, i noticed a sharp fray in braided oil line which the fuel line was resting on which leads me to believe that over time the friction punctured the fuel line causing me to lose fuel pressure and the wind from 75mph and radiator fan prob kicked that fuel through the valley and hit turbo causing ignition of small fire ok so i got that part but the spike in EGTs? The loss of a ton of oil? Ok i needed to fix fuel line first and add some oil than crank it up to see where oil was leaking from sound right? Ok done i did that today but theres a problem it will turn over but not crank so where do i go from here? Plz any ideas help thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

02BigD

Reaction score
Sounds like a hole was worn in one of the HPOP lines feeding the heads. A LOT of oil comes out of them when they go.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Where is your pryo probe located? I know the probe is inside the head but is it possible the spike came from the heat of the fire and or oil messing with the probe somehow?

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Ya it deff could of been a spike from fire with out a doubt...as far as oil line most deff could be thats what i was thinking although its really strange that i woulda blew both at exact same time right? And how about the no start issue now that i replaced fuel line? I cant find the keak if it wont start lol

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
more than likely it was an oil line from the hpop. it is odd that 2 lines blew at the same time. pressure spike from a blockage in the IPR?
once air is introduced into the hpo system it often takes alot of cranking to get it started

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Really appreciate the help guys when i get off work i will try and crank it some more hope i can get it started and find this dang leak thanks! And ya thats what im saying 2 leaks same time kind of crazy unless like u said maybe a blockage or maybe both lines rubbing together made them pop together hell idk lol ill keep yall posted

Latest posts

Members online