7.3 Turbo and Pedestal Removal Problems

dsberman94

Reaction score
Wholly crap. Usually the inevitable oil leak keeps everything pretty rust free. Is that "aluminum" bolt rusted or dirty or did someone put a steel bolt in instead?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
hell even if you can get a mapp gas torch in there to heat it up that might help. PB blaster or Areokroil work wonders.. i would soak it every day two or 3 times a day for 3-4 days and go from there..

I wonder if the head of the bolt breaks off if there will be enough room to lift the turbo up and off...

TyCorr

Reaction score
hell even if you can get a mapp gas torch in there to heat it up that might help. PB blaster or Areokroil work wonders.. i would soak it every day two or 3 times a day for 3-4 days and go from there..

I wonder if the head of the bolt breaks off if there will be enough room to lift the turbo up and off...

I sprayed mine every morning for a week and then drove it. The heat cycles really loosened it up and pulled the aerokroil in.

If he could get the heads snapped off you lift it enough to get a saw in there and cut more off the front bolt. Then rock it out. Had to do that once :D

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I sprayed mine every morning for a week and then drove it. The heat cycles really loosened it up and pulled the aerokroil in.

If he could get the heads snapped off you lift it enough to get a saw in there and cut more off the front bolt. Then rock it out. Had to do that once :D
That sounds like a super fun time LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
It sucks...those little 12pt 6mm bolts holding the ebpv on can be real cute sometimes too!

FullThrottleFarm

Reaction score
That sounds like a super fun time LOL

That does sound like a fun time, I can't wait.

I'm either going to snap the head off, or snap it where the threads start, or a combination of the two. Either way, I will prevail.

I don't care about the pedestal. I have a new EBPV Delete pedestal going in along with new bolts (obviously) and O-rings.

FullThrottleFarm

Reaction score
Got them off after soaking a few days. Pedestal off. New up pipes in and loose fit. Starting the turbo rebuild. Life is good. :toast::toast:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Good deal. These trucks usually throw you for one at some point.

Im sure you've picked up on it but keep everything loose until its all bolted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.