7.3L Miss at Mid-RPM

mandkole

Reaction score
What exactly happens here? Does the head lift/lose adhesion, or does the gasket move, compression set of the gasket create a gap, heat cycling, etc. Ive got no issues without FRs and its been to 45-50 enough to expose any issue.. Maybe it has FRs, but dont think so.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I did stock gaskets and studs and have never had an
Issue and I did have 250/100's for quite a few miles

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep. Im saying driven sensibly the hundo might not be doing anything to lift the head.

In some instances the 100 and 200% nozzles might be safer for moderate driving on virgin gaskets simply because you are slamming the fuel in it takes to make 100hp it takes to cruise at 65mph. On the other hand, glogging it you have potential for higher pressures due to the boost you can create with that fuel.

Id ask golfer that though. He'll be able to differentiate one frey area from another on that.

brewer

Reaction score
Interesting, I have been having some similar issues that you had (after already one cracked tip) and have been following your progress through this. Truck hasn't been driven much lately because of this and I'm about to pull them all out again and send them back but seriously wondering now if I should go another route.

Glad to hear you got it running well now.

I also had luck smoothing my idle a bit by removing my HPX, but I guess that's pretty much irrelevant for you now. Is yours still in?

Latest posts

Members online