75mm on stock fuel

B585Ford

Reaction score
75 actually has a physically larger compressor wheel than the 76... And it has a larger (77mm vs 74mm) turbine than all other factory appearing chargers.

It really will support more air flow. But in stock fuel, yes, more than your 71. But not huge (50+ hp) gains.

IMO you need a minimum 59mm vgt to really gain the power available with a 75.

The 72 is also for the money a great option and will make a nice gain.

Lmk, we have them all on the shelf ready to ship.

What are the specs on each?

Reaction score
What are the specs on each?

Without starting a sh*tstorm, the compressor wheel inducer is smaller on the 75 than the 76. But the compressor wheel exducer, turbine wheel inducer and turbine exducer are all larger.

I'm not going to spill measurements of either on the forum since I do not represent either company who manufactures them.

All I'm going to say is that there is a notable difference.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Without starting a sh*tstorm, the compressor wheel inducer is smaller on the 75 than the 76. But the compressor wheel exducer, turbine wheel inducer and turbine exducer are all larger.

I'm not going to spill measurements of either on the forum since I do not represent either company who manufactures them.

in performance, or just size?

B585Ford

Reaction score

Fair enough since you aren't the manufacturer. If there is anything I know about turbos, it is how little I know....I was simply wanting to compare the specs to gain a little better idea of the design. I realize wheel size is still only part of the equation...bearing type, A/R, blade design still factor in performance (and that is when comparing drop-ins) I guess if we ever do get a back to back comparison, I will try a little harder to find the numbers on each.

Reaction score
Fair enough since you aren't the manufacturer. If there is anything I know about turbos, it is how little I know....I was simply wanting to compare the specs to gain a little better idea of the design. I realize wheel size is still only part of the equation...bearing type, A/R, blade design still factor in performance (and that is when comparing drop-ins) I guess if we ever do get a back to back comparison, I will try a little harder to find the numbers on each.

For comparison, they are both floating journal bearings and both use stock housings that are machined out to fit the respective wheels so a/r is not a known variable.

The stock 74mm turbine is 10 blade and the 77mm turbine is 13 iirc. And iirc both compressor wheels are 7 blade. But it's been a year since I looked at a 76.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.