79 crew cab build

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm a sucker for the 73-79 fords it's probably because my father has had one since I was a kid. As for a price on the parts I would like 400 for the grill headlights and both bumpers

Location? I am going to guess to far away, but it is worth a try. This would look sweet on the front of my new EX.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
I don't think that chopping the top on this particular truck would flow... Now if the truck was going to be two wheel drive and bagged, it would probably look pretty good. Just my 2 cents.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Yea a gray would look pretty sexy. And as far as the wheel wells I didn't have to modify any of them yet the front is just clamped on there as of now ;) and the parts are in Washington state.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I could use some help if anyone knows of a super duty with a broken or no back window I could use some measurements.. I want to say the glass is like 65 almost and 57 and 18.5.. but I really need to know what the metal that holds the weather stripping is measured out at ...

Golddigger

Reaction score
Sub'd Definitely a cool project. I've been collecting the parts to swap the body on my '71 Ford with a 6.0 or 6.4.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I could use some help if anyone knows of a super duty with a broken or no back window I could use some measurements.. I want to say the glass is like 65 almost and 57 and 18.5.. but I really need to know what the metal that holds the weather stripping is measured out at ...

I might know someone who can help you out, let me direct him to this thread.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I have been directed lol.

Let me know exactly what I need to measure for you and I can get them tomorrow. I have a busted out glass from a 04 super duty.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'll try to explain it the best I can. The inside lip after the sheet metal rolls in towards the cab then back strait toward the window opening also its where the inside and outside sheet metal is spot welded together. I need a vertical measurement and two horizontal measurements one on the top (narrowesr) and bottom (widest) and also a top corner to opposite bottom corner from lip to lip not outside by the cab to outside by the cab. as well as how wide that inside lip (spot welded piece ) is

Attachments

• 13th April 001.JPG
    13th April 001.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 107

oneturboforme

Reaction score
My dad would be stoked if I painted it copper his 77 is copper and white.. ever time I see a copper 73-79 I think of that copperhead that tracy on trucks built years ago

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Yes it was a Chevy I'm just saying i see the color and that truck pops into my mind. I always wanted to make a short box ford and paint it that solid copper

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Had a ruff day today replacing roofs on these trucks 100% sucks I'd say this one was pretty bad when it came to rust. It had several rust through spots. Worst part about it I can't seem to find a rig that top would be a strait swap. I ended up cutting the roof off a 78 van that way the roof atleast has ribs on it. But its still wider than the crew cab by a few inches. I needed a laugh and my buddy sent me this picture thought youd guys would like it lol

Attachments

• 20140919_141031.jpg
    20140919_141031.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Funny-Trucks-36-150x146.jpg
    Funny-Trucks-36-150x146.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 90

bluedge8

Reaction score
Nice project! it took me awhile to figure out why the outer skin of the rear doors was from one door then the inside was from two doors, you must have used a front door and grafted it to fit the new rear door opening, right? pretty cool.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
That's exactly it my rear doors are about 2" shorter than a factory front door. Even tho the skins are getting replaced Cutting and welding sheet metal in the middle of a panel is a huge no no (I still do it when I need to) but in this case I drilled the spot welds and rolled the lip over

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.