8 inch lift towing help

Fielder7.3

Reaction score
Hey guys. Currently my 99 has a 8 inch lift on 38s. I tow my drag car and other toys a good bit in the spring/summer. I know changing gears would help me alot its just not in the budget right now. Whats some stuff I can do to help keep egts down and pull more efficiently. Currently have full exhaust, ts chip and afe intake.

truckman1974

Reaction score
How severely did it affect your towing capability by going to the 8" lift? I have an 8" also but haven't tried to tow anything yet....

psduser1

Reaction score
Hey guys. Currently my 99 has a 8 inch lift on 38s. I tow my drag car and other toys a good bit in the spring/summer. I know changing gears would help me alot its just not in the budget right now. Whats some stuff I can do to help keep egts down and pull more efficiently. Currently have full exhaust, ts chip and afe intake.
Slow down.

Fielder7.3

Reaction score
I turn OD off. Slowibg down is hard when you live in Wv and have to pull some pretty big hills. I was looking at 900-1000 degrees pulling the hill. You could just hear that the truck didnt like it all that well. I am just looking for something to help get it some more ass. Maybe new turbo + injectors or just start putting money back for some gears

bruce

Reaction score
900-1000 aint sh1t for egt and how can you afford turbo and injectors but can't afford gears?

08Monster

Reaction score
My single 6.4 runs 1000 while I'm cruising on flat ground. Don't worry about that, thats piddly sh*t man.

Reaction score
I turn OD off. Slowibg down is hard when you live in Wv and have to pull some pretty big hills. I was looking at 900-1000 degrees pulling the hill. You could just hear that the truck didnt like it all that well. I am just looking for something to help get it some more ass. Maybe new turbo + injectors or just start putting money back for some gears

damn 1000 sounds good..is the EGT probe in the manifold or down pipe??

Latest posts

Members online