84 front end swap

bmack31

Reaction score
anyone ever swapped an 84 style front end on say a 97? how much custom fab is it gonna take?

Fordguy100

Reaction score
Its will bolt up just fine, but there are a few cosmetic differences. First, the arch over the wheels is different between the 83-86 and 87-97, and second where the fender meets the cowl area is a little different.

jbrixen

Reaction score
This is how another member did his.

Here's how I did it on my '84 if you're having fitment issues. This way I got to keep all the 7.3 coolers. It was very straight forward.
bronco20.jpg

bronco51.jpg

bmack31

Reaction score
cool thanks guys. I wanna do an 80s front end swap. build a new flatbed put my dually rims back on and lower it 2''. then paint. I think its gonna look good. not everyones gonna like it but its my truck so il do what I want haha

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and have been wanting to do this swap for a while. Wondering if anyone has any more pictures of this swap. Really want to see how the guy in the pictures posted above finished his to see how the grille mounted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
anybody have any info or know where there might be a thread on the above truck?

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures or info on doing this swap? Really want to swap my front clip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.