932hp single turbo, fuel only

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
So you can't really expect to see those numbers with a 2.6 legal turbo? I assume the turbo is the limiting factor in a setup like this... limiting both HP and RPM?

Care to hazard a guess at how close a 2.6 charger (say a clipped S480 or something like that) could come to these numbers? Also, I can assume that at these rpms the head porting comes into play quite a bit?

Last edited:

big johnson

Reaction score
It's gonna run in a 2.6 class and a RWB points class which is usually made up of mostly 2.5 and 2.6 trucks and one or two of the guys have 3.0 turbos I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
"900hp motor and ya'll wanna know what kind of air filter he's running? lol"

We are missing the point a little here.

Here is an organization with the experience, finances, and facility to test various combinations. Very few of the folks on here could duplicate it. Yes we can assemble a high horse engine but the testing facility and experience I'm talking about.

So I want to learn everything I can from the testing of an engine like this.

No matter how small the detail. And I always wondered how many CFM a Tymar style air cleaner can handle. Now I know Swamp's runs one on the dyno.

Like a few of the other items mentioned such as the hpx line, intercooler etc.
I personally want to study all the details of every nuance that is on this engine. There is always something to learn.

Sometimes with all the BS that creeps in, I wonder why guys like Dave keep posting, having to wade through all the worthless posts.

Thats how we all started...

live life full throttle

m j

Reaction score
I agree. when the big dogs are letting you look in the shop pay attention

stuff like the diesel world article with the 800+ hp swamps motor in it, they show a piston that did not appear to be delipped.
no idea if that was a stock photo or the piston that went in the engine but it has me wondering how much I need to spend on my street motor pistons

"900hp motor and ya'll wanna know what kind of air filter he's running? lol"

We are missing the point a little here.

Here is an organization with the experience, finances, and facility to test various combinations. Very few of the folks on here could duplicate it. Yes we can assemble a high horse engine but the testing facility and experience I'm talking about.

So I want to learn everything I can from the testing of an engine like this.

No matter how small the detail. And I always wondered how many CFM a Tymar style air cleaner can handle. Now I know Swamp's runs one on the dyno.

Like a few of the other items mentioned such as the hpx line, intercooler etc.
I personally want to study all the details of every nuance that is on this engine. There is always something to learn.

Sometimes with all the BS that creeps in, I wonder why guys like Dave keep posting, having to wade through all the worthless posts.

psduser1

Reaction score
Reading this thread, lol.

"All you gotta do is x injectors, x turbo, you'll make x horsepower"

Not so much. Two guys bolt all the same parts on, one puts down x hp, the other beats him by 50 whatever hp. WTF, says guy #1?
Must be the other guy has a "better" engine, blah, blah.

Or maybe, guy #2 spent some time, tryed what a been there, done that shop recommends. Swamps has a lot of time and effort getting where they are, and that's part of what you pay for when you buy from them. I'm sure there are plenty of excellent shops that can do this, but you would be hard pressed to find one with swamps exposure.
I believe this setup is guaranteed to dyno what is claimed, repeatedly, and hold together. That can be hard to find in the performance world. Not the biggest number in the world, but any dumbass can call and have a respectable hp engine, no problem.

And no, I don't have a single swamps part on my truck, lol.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Air filter is a relevant question, I was just surprised to see two pages of air filter talk and nobody asking the real questions!

I for one, would like to know what injectors are in it and what is being done differently to carry the HP so far up in the RPM range. 800hp @ 4100rpms would make a real solid running 2.6 truck!

800 hp at the crank for a 2.6 truck isn't much for what the 2.6 guys are making now days.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
The air filter talk had to do with another dyno run where the 6637 cost 45 hp. I had no idea that it was a dirty unit even though I was 10ft from it. I should've paid better attention I guess.

But what if we talk about air filter restrictions? Has there been some End All proof given that concludes air filters are insignificant?

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I should have qualified that. 800whp would make a strong running 7.3 2.6 truck. I don't think anyone here is laboring under the delusion that a HEUI engine is going to take the 2.6 class by storm lol

Reaction score
I keep posting, because we've always had a policy to share information, and let a consumer make an informed choice.

We're pretty committed to this industry, and work to continually develop new products and techniques.

Got some new tools today to help:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47789

If the man tells us he has a policy to share information, and then doesn't share a detail such as tuning or injector details, why not have the respect to realize he has to keep some things to himself to keep and edge and in turn make a living and keep the doors open, keep developing things and share some more on his terms? I'm not assigning a godlike status here just recognizing the personal and financila commitment it takes to bring this stuff to market.

Reaction score
Maybe we can talk Dave into a dyno run with and without a clean Donaldson filter?

I can tell you I'm done with the oiled ones, damn near ruined my engine after a few months of being sidetracked and not paying attention like usual.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
From the link I know he did it using a 400/400 injector, ported heads, big ass turbo... Plenty of info. Digging a little farther on swamps site will tell you that their 400/400 injectors feature "extensive internal modifications"

I'm satisfied with that. If there wasn't a certain level of secret squirrel stuff going on I'd be disappointed. And I'm sure if you plopped down $3500 on a set of their 400/400 injectors they would be happy to give you a little insight as to what sets them apart from other injectors.

Fwiw I run swamps stuff in both my trucks. As far as I'm concerned, these guys wrote the book on 7.3 performance.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Ported heads .... And why does everyone say it's not worth it on lower power trucks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Reaction score
"As far as I'm concerned, these guys wrote the book on 7.3 performance"
X2

As to the porting: there was a link to some Dyno work Swamps was doing where they were going stage by stage and dynoing as they went. For some reason I havent seen a valid link to that info in a while, sure would like to see it again.....Anyway, the point was they did some dyno work related to ported vs unported. And some w/o a turbo mounted. Result was there is a difference even in the lower ranges, and before full spool of the turbo. I don't want to paraphrase too much, been a few months, but my takeaway is that a mild clean up is good for even a street engine.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
That's what I was led to believe also , back to the days of basic hot rodding here.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Cost , yea I'll agree there totally. But if you have them off and have the ability to do some gasket matching and a little cleanup why not do it ?

Latest posts

Members online