95 F250 Fuel Problem

Redpower

Reaction score
My truck will run for about 5-10 min when its cold then die like its starved for fuel. No check engine light. I replaced the fuel filter (which looked like it needed it) and have had slightly better results, but truck still starves out of fuel. would it help to take the screen out of the IPR and see if that is dirty? If the IPR is bad will it throw the CEL?

ghohouston

Reaction score
You need to hook up to a scanner, you dont know whats going on just by guessing, you may have some codes telling you whats wrong with your truck

Redpower

Reaction score
Just hooked the scanner to it and got no codes. I am going to check that IPR screen next and see what happens.

Bugman

Reaction score
Have you checked the fuel pressure? Also what kind of scanner did you use? Most generic ones will not read codes on our trucks.

Redpower

Reaction score
Cleaning the IPR screen didn't help. The codes reader is a cheaper one, maybe that's why I didn't get any codes. I will need to hook up a pressure gauge and check the pressures. What am I going to see for pressure?

Redpower

Reaction score
2 questions.
1. If I hook up a gauge to check fuel pressure, what pressure will I get while cranking?
2. If the IPR is bad will it show a code or check engine light?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I thought you cleaned your ipr screen, I was thinking you meant the edge filter on the ipr. So which is it, or did you clean both?

Redpower

Reaction score
I thought you cleaned your ipr screen, I was thinking you meant the edge filter on the ipr. So which is it, or did you clean both?

Good thing you called me out on this....... :morons: I've cleaned the fuel pressure screen- the one on the side of the fuel bowl. Is there another one I should look at?

ghohouston

Reaction score
There shoukd be what they call an edge filter on your ipr, or maybe its in the hpop, idk, only 94-95's had then, and the oldest 7.3 ive worked on was a 96, so im not sure. Have you changed your fuel filter? Also, how much diesel is in your tank?

Redpower

Reaction score
There shoukd be what they call an edge filter on your ipr, or maybe its in the hpop, idk, only 94-95's had then, and the oldest 7.3 ive worked on was a 96, so im not sure. Have you changed your fuel filter? Also, how much diesel is in your tank?

Tank is 3/4 full in front, which I am selected to. Rear has 6 gal in it. I changed the fuel filter to a new NAPA gold when it acted up.

Redpower

Reaction score
Put a better scanner on and got the following codes: PO603 Powertrain control module error, PO344/PO341 Camshaft position sensor a circuit intermittent.

Now what? New CPS?

Redpower

Reaction score
Finally figured out what was wrong. Went to put on a new camshaft sensor and the wires were loose due to a piece of the belt that came apart and grabbed the wires. :wtf: Turned out to be a very simple fix. Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Latest posts

Members online