96 Powerstroke looking for best custom tuning

96 Ole Red

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Powerstroke and im looking at getting some custom tuning done on it and I was wondering who does some of the best tuning on these old 7.3's :rockon:

sootie

Reaction score
Matt @ Gearhead

gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

(979) 703-7338

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Swamps are also good, but need to buy injectors to go along with them.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I will be going with gear head this week. All the local guys in my group are on here also run him and love the tunes. From what I have heard and read from a few reputable guys, swamps are a bit smokey

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have a 1996 Powerstroke and im looking at getting some custom tuning done on it and I was wondering who does some of the best tuning on these old 7.3's :rockon:

Swamps is great that is what I have on my 7.3 I also like it because it doesnt smoke. Its super clean.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Gearhead tunes are good. Especially for auto trans trucks. You may be able to squeeze a bit more power from other tuners, and depending on how you like your truck, you may or may not like his style. His tuningfeels like a stock truck until you really get on it. I ddidn't personally care for that aspect of it, but otherwise I was happy

96 Ole Red

Reaction score
My buddy is running Swamps tunes on his 7.3 and he seems to really like them a lot I've heard the get a little pricey though.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Power Hungry Performance does a great job as well.

Keep in mind that they ALL tune differently and it's near impossible to say who is the best. Your choice might have to come down to customer service, price, etc, since you can't go wrong with ANY of the companies mentioned so far.

golfer

Reaction score
My buddy is running Swamps tunes on his 7.3 and he seems to really like them a lot I've heard the get a little pricey though.

Free reprogramming with injector purchase.
$200 to reflash your existing TS chip (for stock injectors)
$500 to reflash your existing TS chip for non stock/non Swamp's injs
$685 for a new chip w/tunes to match your (non Swamp's/ non stock) injs

We also offer the same/similar pricing for the Hydra chips, for which we email programs.

http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/en/80-swamp-s-tune

uw mitch

Reaction score
Power Hungry Performance does a great job as well.

Keep in mind that they ALL tune differently and it's near impossible to say who is the best. Your choice might have to come down to customer service, price, etc, since you can't go wrong with ANY of the companies mentioned so far.

I totally agree with this. I personally have an F6 from Jody at DP Tuner and have been very happy with it. Plenty of great options out there.

Mitch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online