97 OBS F350 fuel connection to head

BigBlak62

Reaction score
I have a 97 F35O diesel California emissions truck and from what I have found is that the fuel lines from the banjo bolt going into the back of the head on the driver side is different than the federal trucks. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement connection. Its a 90 off the fuel line into the head. Anyone have any info on this part. Thanks

79jasper

Reaction score
That's the whole line.
He only needs the fitting.

It's not a federal vs non fed truck issue.
Ford went screwy and used a single 90 or two 45's.
Either will work, but you'll have to slightly bend the line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BigBlak62

Reaction score
I have already tried to order that from diesel o-ring and it is smaller and doesn't reach. I actually have to send that back. Where would I find a 90 or the two 45s? I cant find any info on those parts. OEM or aftermarket.

Baker42

Reaction score
Parker Hose or Grainger. If you have the funds call Jake @ Irate, I love his e-fuel. I have 60,000 miles on the Walbro gsl-392. Truck accelerates faster, idles smoother, and is a lot quieter.

Last edited:

BigBlak62

Reaction score
Had a leak coming from back there and I ordered the viton sleeves from riff raff and the mechanic I am having fix the leak is telling me that the fitting is not the right one and apparently wont tighten up all the way. I'm tired of waiting for him to find one so I figured this would be the best and quickest way for me the get some info on where to find it.

79jasper

Reaction score
Then he's a jack@$$ and you shouldn't let him touch your truck.
They don't always tighten metal to metal. That's why the sleeve/olive is there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
If you are talking about the seal in the fuel line to the fitting(s) in the head, the gasket washer (vibra-lok orings) is F4TZ-9C357-A. This gasket tears often and leaks.

If the angled fitting(s) to the head itself is leaking, then you pretty much have to rotate the pipe thread fitting to the head enough to tighten up and seal. Which may be a little harder than it sounds.LOL

Dieselorings has the vibra-lok orings, there are a couple of them listed on his site so give him a call to find out which are the correct ones.

Phone 970-368-4455

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.