99 7.3 F350 exhaust smell low boost.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Sensor unplugged, valve pulled open.... It was stuck.

Couldn't blindly unhook the actuator arm though 😒

8bcb1405ab0aeb3b882f281a87b09dc3.jpg

Armed Gunman

Good stuff. I'm glad you figured out. My boss always says, "the data will tell you what to do next". You gotta love those stupid EBP actuators. I'm deleting mine first chance I get. Please throw up a screen shot of your monitoring program when you get a chance.

hoosierstroker

Reaction score
Ran it through the do it yourself car wash and only washed the motor..... I couldn't even get the arm off but I pulled it open I think it was stuck shut.

Pull the arm out is open.... Correct?

Actually rolled a little coal driving afterwards.....

Gonna do the delete on thursday

Armed Gunman

ja_cain

Reaction score
Are those the numbers after forcing the valve to the open position? If so, then you need to clean the tube and make sure the sensor reads atmospheric pressure (or close to it) at idle. Does the back pressure respond to throttle under load input. If not, then something is clogged or broken. I think you can read back pressure when the key is in run position and engine is off in Torque Pro. Should read atmospheric pressure there too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the rod is spring loaded and pulls on the arm to keep the valve open. when the pcm calls to close the valve, oil pressure pushes againt the back off the rod forcing it out to close the valve.

id say you ebps is clogged and reading off.. id start there.

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
I feel like I should have asked my previous question from the beginning. Regardless of whether the valve is sticking, ebp should still fluctuate once the motor is loaded. If it's not moving then sensor is broke or tube is plugged with residual pressure that not being bled off. I bet that bad boy is slam full of crud.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I bet that thing is slam full of gunk. It's a no brainer to go ahead and clean that bad boy especially if his motor has been air starved for a significant amount of time.

Arisley

Reaction score
That ABS sensor will not mess with boost. Mine was plugged solid for over a year, even before I unplugged the sensor, I could bounce of the peg of my 35 lb gauge, swapped it for a 60 lb gauge and could almost bury it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That ABS sensor will not mess with boost. Mine was plugged solid for over a year, even before I unplugged the sensor, I could bounce of the peg of my 35 lb gauge, swapped it for a 60 lb gauge and could almost bury it.
of course not. why would a sensor in the wheelbearing mess with boost levels?

now if someone tunes off of the ebps is could...

live life full throttle

Oops EBP sensor.

And yes, I understand that, I had a tuner fill up a chip for me once. It ran like A$$ until the EOT got to 175º.

Last edited by a moderator:

ja_cain

Reaction score

Was it plugged and measuring significantly above atmospheric pressure like his is? I would think that it would effect fuel delivery some if it always measured high. That's how I would make it work if I designed the system, but maybe it doesn't carry much weight with regard to fueling. Just sounds stupid to me.

Latest posts

Members online