A LITTLE MAD GUESSING GAME FOR 100.00

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Back a exit where the truck with blown injector is to fix it before heading back to Mississippi.The truck made it to Alabama, smoking like a cummings, bellows shot. Who knows aboit head, still puking alittle, still want to get it back home. Thanks everyone for their support, but sometimes things go bad. The whole group going on zero sleep, and still going on.

Jonathan's truck was there but he didn't want to do a pull, truck needs live tune and same goes for me. Transmission shifts like a beast, I like it. Time for step two of build.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Why not make a pull. After all that work, A pull on the dyno isn't near as hard on it as the beating these trucks get on the street. Better luck next time guys.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Back a exit where the truck with blown injector is to fix it before heading back to Mississippi.The truck made it to Alabama, smoking like a cummings, bellows shot. Who knows aboit head, still puking alittle, still want to get it back home. Thanks everyone for their support, but sometimes things go bad. The whole group going on zero sleep, and still going on.

Jonathan's truck was there but he didn't want to do a pull, truck needs live tune and same goes for me. Transmission shifts like a beast, I like it. Time for step two of build.
How Nate do with the 3.5 version?

Vizsla

Reaction score
Ok bad day for me, still honor the guessing game. Dyno number 489rwhp and 750 torque, what happened? First dynojet would not load, second no live tune, thrid blown heads or head gaskets, forth blew the bellows in up pipes. Like I said bad day, will limp truck home, so I can start repairs. Some days are just bad, should have known that it was doomed since the trip tor Atlanta when truck making trip blow injector, among alot of other things. Hey if horsepower was that easy there would be all high power trucks every where.

Numbers aren't that bad. I ran Cass 190s with a hybrid GT 40, iirc 64.7 and ran the same numbers on Dunbdars in 08, operator said it was one of the nicest 6.0s he dynoed(all around, not big power). Switched to Elite 185s with an SSX and did 520-530 hp. The bigger wheels just never lasted for me, and I know bigger ones than the Ho were made for awhile, but they did not last. It is interesting you found out how to make the Vgt last with the big wheels you are slapping on them. I know Tadd put a lot into the SSX(medium size), and it was shot in a little over a year. Truck had the best of the best for supporting mods. Best of luck on your next outing, and it is great to see someone able to figure out how to make big vgts live a long life after all these years.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score

Good god man. Good thing I'm just about done with your y-pipe...... :thumbup::beer:

sent from the shop making things fly.....

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I know Adrian has big plans for his truck and it'll lay down the power next go round. We tried our best, but like he said, sometimes it just isn't in the cards and Murphy's law is against you. I know he was glad to get back on the drivets seat though. I thonk we all had hiccups with our trucks on Saturday, but it was a fun event with a lot of really great folks. Great turn out and some great numbers were put down. Jeff Dodd at Spartan did a great job organizing and the crew at Mo's Speed Shop put on an incredible event. Look foward to being back at their shop for another event. Hopefully after Adrian gets his truck running as it should and he gets the numbers he'a looking for, we can get mine right and put down some good numbers for an awesome towing/performance setup he has been talking about for my truck.

g2shuck

Reaction score
I was gonna say the same thing; trucks of significantly higher hp have not much issues in 4wd with "regular" tires.

I hate to tell you but i can do a 4x4 boosted launch and smoke all 4 tires and i have stock sitcks and injectors I just have to launch at 22psi of boost

jdgleason

Reaction score
I hate to tell you but i can do a 4x4 boosted launch and smoke all 4 tires and i have stock sitcks and injectors I just have to launch at 22psi of boost

Most trucks can.... that means that you left too hard, not that your truck makes too much power. If you're inexperienced at launching, it might happen on the street, but the track is a different story. Either way, you leave at an rpm or boost that the truck hooks up and you go MUCH faster. It's very likely that you go faster leaving at 12psi than 22.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Most trucks can.... that means that you left too hard, not that your truck makes too much power. If you're inexperienced at launching, it might happen on the street, but the track is a different story. Either way, you leave at an rpm or boost that the truck hooks up and you go MUCH faster. It's very likely that you go faster leaving at 12psi than 22.

True Dat. I leave at 8-10psi on the street to keep traction. That's just where my truck likes to leave, I know another guy that likes to leave at 12psi on the street and around 15psi at the track.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Thanks. Ahh hopefully next week we can help ya out and get Jame's truck ober that 6xxmark with your turbo. I know the drivibility was nice on it. Can't wait

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.