a severe coolant leak

pstroke08

Reaction score
I have replaced upper radiator hose a while back then a few mounths ago I had develop another coolant leak. So today after work with warm weather on tthe horizon I thought I'd fill up the degas bottle and see were it is leaking( it stopped leaking when I was low on coolant) when I got back from a quick drive this is what I found

Last edited:

pstroke08

Reaction score
4d270aa9477c5ccad6f9f5dfe10869c0.jpg

pstroke08

Reaction score
It's leaking some were behind or under/near the power steering bottle . Could it be a hose . I thought the leak at first was from radiator but it's just really coming out quickly

Shipmate

Reaction score
that is just the fan guard that has the crack. I would look at the plastic radiator end tanks and see if that is what is leaking. My was leaking there but did not leak as bad as your picture. That is not a leak that thing is BUSTED! Look at your cab mounts also.

Shipmate

Reaction score
I just reread what you wrote, I would also check the coolant bottle and the bottom line coming out of it. You say it quits when the bottle is low or empty? That is where I would start.

pstroke08

Reaction score
Ya when it's empty it didn't leak a drop it was hardly a gallon low so I thought it could be something to do with degas bottle but we're it's leaking from has me confused.

pstroke08

Reaction score
Ok I found coolant cooming out the top drivers side of radiator and. Have a new mishimoto on the way. I also have a egr delete for a while and I figured this is the perfect time to do it. My question is will there b enough room to get the lower cooler out with out disconnecting my drive shaft? Thanks

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Ok I found coolant cooming out the top drivers side of radiator and. Have a new mishimoto on the way. I also have a egr delete for a while and I figured this is the perfect time to do it. My question is will there b enough room to get the lower cooler out with out disconnecting my drive shaft? Thanks

Sorry to hear about the failure of your stock radiator, this is quite common on the 6.4L. Thanks for picking up our radiator! Let us know what you think when it arrives. :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online