ABS fuse issue

MoonShiner

Reaction score
I swapped the PCM for one I had run a year or so back.....it was fine when I pulled it out. Got it installed and started up fine. When I push the brake pedal to unlock the shifter the fuse blows and the ABS light comes on....?
any ideas?

MoonShiner

Reaction score
I'm gonna pull it back out but the connector went in really easy....so I don't think I bent a pin but I will start there.

I suspect that maybe there's a wire that got chaffed or pinched or something? It starts fine and all the instrument lights go out as normal.

Then as soon as I push the brake pedal it pops the ABS fuse and won't allow the shifter to unlock. There are several other things on that same circuit but it's related to the brake pedal somehow......time to get the DVM out.....gotta be a dead short somewhere?

I'm getting ready to sell this truck but the #2 injector is sticking a little on cold start. It runs fine once it warms up a little.

I was changing the oil and while I had it in the garage I thought I would put the other PMT2 PCM in because it has a DP tuner 80 HP tune flashed into it. I ran it for a year or two but went back to a stock PMT3 looking for better fuel mileage. Didn't make much difference.

That's really all I did....so that's why I'm stumped as to why this issue has arisen.

MoonShiner

Reaction score
Bent pin?

Ran AE and picked up code C1226 Brake warning lamp short to ground
Checked at the brake switch pedal and the LG/Red wire was shorted to ground.
Schematic showed 3 places it went. ABS module, GEM, and PCM.
Pulled the PCM......that pin is next to the center bolt.

Apparently the center bolt slightly bent the pin at some point?

Andy nailed it....:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online