Absolute Apex Manifold only

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here in the next week, I will be doing a before and after with the Absolute Performance Apex manifold. The manifold will be the only difference made on the truck. As I told Steve I will record videos of 4x4 non and boosted launches before and after. Hopefully this will show how much a difference ported manifolds make by themselves.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Update-I will be out of town this weekend hunting...it's a rather secluded area but about 5 miles from camp is a nice and long road that see minimal and I mean minimal traffic as I want to do this in as safe a way possible

Also since doing the boosted in cab launch...I will not be doing another one, as I think it wouldn't serve any purpose that's my opinion. I will record a video of the truck outside the cab doing a non boosted launch and running it to about 50-60mph as I think that's were will see any gains made.

sootie

Reaction score
make sure you have a monitor in the video that we can see showing boost, egt, ebp at least

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
A dyno, or 1/4 mile would really be needed for this.

That would be most Ideal honestly but I'm make due with what I can.

I'll take an video of my sct touch screen. I can get boost and a few other things but I'll see what I can do.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
I'm going to dyno it instead, I'm curious!

Anyone know where I can find one around Houston or within an hour or so that will do diesel's?

Last edited:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
It's pretty similar to what you have.

SCT Gearhead custom tunes, II 175cc injectors, headstuds, banks exhaust, S&b intake, II vgt turbo, Sinsiter diesel Reg return that about it and a upgraded TQ converter.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Last edited:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
I think, I found a dyno to run on. I'm either going to run it at Relentless diesel or Truck source if they can do the runs and have the manifold installed in a day.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Why anyone would question the benefit of a ported manifold I just don't understand. It just works, works better with minor mods, works awesome with bigger mods.

The motor is nothing more than an air pump. Get air in, get air out smoothly and efficiently the gains will show themselves.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Then we can pick apart the dyno that was used, the track conditions, the driver reaction times....blah, blah, blah.....

Latest posts

Members online