AC issues

mike_pop

Reaction score
When I bought my truck two years ago, the passenger side vents would blow hot air when the AC was on and cold air when the heat was on. Not a problem, I lived with it and made my passengers suffer. However, last month the driver side started blowing hot air when the AC was on.

I replaced the left and right blend door actuators today and cleaned up the temperature sensor on the dash (which is located below the instrument cluster).

Now, the driver side is blowing a little cooler but not enough to actually use. The passenger side is still blowing very hot.

Any suggestions as to what to replace next? The condenser does kick on and the AC is fully charged.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Last edited:

mike_pop

Reaction score
Just to confirm, I replaced the actuator behind the glove box and the actuator next to the go pedal. And I meant to say compressor in the above post, not condenser.

Mike

Last edited:

mike_pop

Reaction score
Just replaced the bottom actuator...still same results. Driver side blows cool (not cold), passenger side blows hot...on all settings...defrost driver is cool, pass is hot, floor driver is cool, pass floor is hot, dash vent driver is cool, dash pass is hot.

Still very perplexed and could use some help.

Andrew

Reaction score
The temp mode door is against the floor pan in the center of the truck. Work shop manual says you have to remove the dash to replace it is that the one you replaced ?

mike_pop

Reaction score
Andrew...I replaced three of them: Right of fuel pedal, behind radio, and at bottom of power center (on top of transmission hump). Dashboard came apart for the first two. Was able to get the third without dash removal.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
andrew, look at my sticky, you dont have to remove the whole case.

are you in dual climate, or have it set to single??

have you checked the charge in the ac system??

mike_pop

Reaction score
Tree Trimmer: Yes, I checked the obvious...AC is charged, compressor is kicking in.

Passenger side blows hot in both dual and single. Driver side blows cool in both dual and single.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i learned along time ago, to still ask the obvious, as sometimes its the stupid things you just need reminded of.

Latest posts

Members online