AC problem driving me nuts

Inline6359

Reaction score
I have a 2003 4 door short bed 6 speed. Truck did have a 6.0 in it now has a 2nd Cummins. Anyway I'm sorting through my issues and finally went to charge the AC and can't get power to the compressor. I have power in and out of the low pressure switch on the accumulator, I have power into the red/yellow, good ground on the black/yellow wire, and power out of ONE of the tan/green wires on the high pressure switch . Checked #10 fuse under the dash for the AC clutch and nd it's good. I have no idea what else to check. Any help before I light the whole thing on fire would be appreciated.

Gary

Reaction score
can't get power to the compressor

Ok, you have 12 volts out of the high pressure switch, from there it then goes to the A/C clutch, if you don't have any power at the clutch then that wire is open somewhere. Try powering up the clutch with a test lead and see if the clutch will engage.

Inline6359

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't torn apart the harness to chase the wires but I think they all go back to the pcm. Then the pcm turns on the clutch? This is where my problem lies. Beyond what I see at the Hu pressure switch I can't find a decent schematic.

Gary

Reaction score
I just looked it up, it does go back to the PCM, then to the central junction box, then through the A/C relay. So because of your engine swap I think I would wire it so the power goes from the high pressure switch directly to the clutch.

Inline6359

Reaction score
OK thanks I was thinking about that myself. Supposedly none of my swap should have messed with that part of the harness. Now my question is I have 2 tan and green wires coming out of the hi pressure switch. Only one gets 12v when the engine is running. Before I run that wire to the clutch can you tell me what the other one should have running? Just trying to make sure my HPS isn't my problem.

Latest posts

Members online