add backup camera?

SAK

Reaction score
To upgrade the 6.7 (actually 2009 or newer) to the OEM nav is a fairly simple plug-n-play task. Updating the 2008 is a bit more work.

Steve

So your saying if I find a 09-12 nav radio it will plug into my 2011? What about the gps antenna?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Anyone thought about adding the mirror screen for a brake light mounted cam? Especially if you already have nav and the stock reverse cam, you could probably install the rear view mirror with the screen and hook up a cam that is mounted in the 3rd brake light. That way you wouldn't need switches or anything, both would display simultaneously and not interfere w/ backing up.

Sent from the Bayou

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So your saying if I find a 09-12 nav radio it will plug into my 2011? What about the gps antenna?

just gotta buy one. this guy converted GZ to complete sync/nav and it came with none of it. massive task to say the least.

sredmyer

Reaction score

No I am not saying that. The 2009-2010 radios are different from the 2011+ radios and wont work correctly in a 2011+ truck.

What I meant to say was that if you upgrade a 2009-2013 Super Duty with the correct radio the task is very simple and just plug-n-play if you have the install kit.

As mentioned, I have several of these radios (many brand new never installed in a vehicle) and install kits. If interested, shoot me a PM

Steve

Last edited:

SAK

Reaction score
No I am not saying that. The 2009-2010 radios are different from the 2011+ radios and wont work correctly in a 2011+ truck.

What I meant to say was that if you upgrade a 2009-2013 Super Duty with the correct radio the task is very simple and just plug-n-play if you have the install kit.

As mentioned, I have several of these radios (many brand new never installed in a vehicle) and install kits. If interested, shoot me a PM

Steve

Pm sent, thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.