Added Some LEDs In The Bed

dsberman94

Reaction score
$15 5 meters for the ones I buy. Never saw the reason either. LEDs are pretty bright and the single row is conveniently thin. Goes pretty much anywhere easily and bends pretty easily. I imagine the wider one wouldn't necessarily be brighter but would spread more on a flat surface. But it wouldn't bend as easy in corners. And it costs more. They have triple and quadruple row ones too if the need ever arouse. I just don't see anything bigger than single being useful in this application.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you. I'm gonna try the double row . But just run on the the under side of the bed rails. I'm not gonna light up the front of the bed or the tail gate.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1403239213887.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403239222609.jpg
Got mine in and love them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair for me and my brother . From recon. I just got the 4 foot strips. He has a short bed and I have a long bed. I should of got 2 pairs for my self with my 8 foot bed. Pretty good birthday gift for my bro. But I got the stronger ones and they were expensive. 150 a piece about.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair for me and my brother . From recon. I just got the 4 foot strips. He has a short bed and I have a long bed. I should of got 2 pairs for my self with my 8 foot bed. Pretty good birthday gift for my bro. But I got the stronger ones and they were expensive. 150 a piece about.

Take away the zero and I got 15 feet worth. I bought red but I just offered them to a friend to put on the bottom of his running boards since his ecoboost is red and black themes. I think it'll look awesome.

StockCar#10

Reaction score

Just go but led strips imo more for your money that way. I could not see spending 150 bucks for lights in the bed...what kind did you get from recon ? Last I new there bed led lit was $ 79 a set

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Go to this link
http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?...Power-Universal-Cargo-Area-Bed-Rail-Light-Kit

They are 3x stronger than the old ones. And the old ones are 110 about. Y
Yea it's a little expensive but sometimes recon makes good lights and I heard their seal is really good on there. I also had to buy a 12v relay harness that recon also had not their website . I needed it for the Pfm relay for the 08 power fold mirrors.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
The recon lights are not strips they are in boxes with 6 LEDs in a box. The old 110$ bed lights have 1/4 watt LEDs in them. The 150$ lights have 1 watt LEDs in them set up like the old ones.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
The recon lights are not strips they are in boxes with 6 LEDs in a box. The old 110$ bed lights have 1/4 watt LEDs in them. The 150$ lights have 1 watt LEDs in them set up like the old ones.

Well post pics of what they look like.. And I'm not gonna lie if my third brake light wasn't recon (bought the truck with all recon lights except headlights) I wouldn't of needed to get the bed lights. There 3rd brake light cargo light function is crap am puts put absolutely no light. .end of rant

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Well post pics of what they look like.. And I'm not gonna lie if my third brake light wasn't recon (bought the truck with all recon lights except headlights) I wouldn't of needed to get the bed lights. There 3rd brake light cargo light function is crap am puts put absolutely no light. .end of rant

Hell yea man. I agree the third brake light does suck. I've never heard of anyone not having troubles with that. Either not working. Blinking.etc. but I have the fender lights for my dually. Knock on wood they work great. I've had some on my old dually. The only problem is the connection they make isn't sturdy. So
I taped it up with electrical. But if your dually fender isn't loose or the bracket isn't broken that holds it. You shouldn't have a problem. The lights never went out. The mirror lights I haven't had troubles yet. The clearence lights I haven't yet. The only problem with the white clearence lights is I got the white ones. But the 3x stronger ones . Cop wrote me a ticket for it. And couldn't decide if the ticket was for that or the third brake light. I think he just wanted to pull me over after the San Antonio rodeo. And he tried to say its illegal. And the third brake light might of been on. From my controls on the interior. I'm not sure if it was or not. Got a ticket. Fought it. And won. Didn't show up. And that's when I had a smoked lens on the clearence lights. But recently changed to clear lens. I've even got the 3 light that goes under your tailgate and between your bumper. All dually come stock with one. But I put the recon one in. Which works with your brakes and turn signals. It connects to your trailer harness. But the factory one doesn't come like that. I've had one of those and they all worked great. Even the interior dome light I've had and never had problems. That one did go
Out after like 4 or 5 years. All the rest of my bulbs like reverse lights and glove box light . And my current dome lights I've got from amazon. Or jm toy I think it's called. I'm recently doing my interior switch lights now and I got them of amazon. But you have to do a lot of work and soldering.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I also have the door sill plates. That say super duty on them. And light up blue. They also come red. I love mine. That's my favorite recon assesory. It lights up pretty dang bright. And everyone notices and says that's awesome. They are 2 years old work fine. Only
Problem. Is dirty and stuff gets between the letters. I wish they had a pair for the back seats.

Whitezotti

Reaction score

StockCar#10

Reaction score
I also have the door sill plates. That say super duty on them. And light up blue. They also come red. I love mine. That's my favorite recon assesory. It lights up pretty dang bright. And everyone notices and says that's awesome. They are 2 years old work fine. Only
Problem. Is dirty and stuff gets between the letters. I wish they had a pair for the back seats.
I thought about getting those too. Can't you just buy 4 of them an put the other two in the back ?

LovetheTide

Reaction score
I'd be careful with the Recons. I had them in my last truck and they didn't last too long. LEDs started going out all over. This go round I will be going cheap and just using strips.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
See the thing is the superduty plates fit the front door sills . So they are too long. The back are just a little shorter:( I was upset. You could probably trim metal. And put new holes In on the end. But it might look funny. And it might touch one of the letters. It might not touch the letter but it still might look funny .

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I'd be careful with the Recons. I had them in my last truck and they didn't last too long. LEDs started going out all over. This go round I will be going cheap and just using strips.

Those third brake lights look pretty good but they are ****. You but them. And a month later they start fickering. Sometimes they don't , but I met a lot of people who had problems with those. To be honest every other recon assesory I have is prime. And works great.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Those third brake lights look pretty good but they are ****. You but them. And a month later they start fickering. Sometimes they don't , but I met a lot of people who had problems with those. To be honest every other recon assesory I have is prime. And works great.

I was referring to the bed lights but I agree, some products I have had have been great, others have been awful.

Latest posts

Members online