Adding Nav to infotainment system

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Guys is there a way to simply add Nav to the existing infotainment system. I apparently failed to realize there was not nav on my screen when I bought the truck. Not a huge deal but if it is a simple add I will probably do so?

I searched but could not find the specific answer, if this has been discuss, which is probably has, I apologize.

truck is a 16 lariat F350.

Thank you.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
If you have the screen I you can buy the gps module or whatever you wanna call it and it plugs into the back of the existing screen . I am in the same boat. To my understanding the antenna and all is already there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurtisF

Reaction score
There's nothing through Ford officially to add NAV to Sync 3.

There are some aftermarket places that will swap out your Sync 3 unit for a replacement with NAV, but last I checked they are still over $2K to get you the "come from factory" setup.

Then there are aftermarket add-on boxes that will give you NAV screen on Sync 3, but it's not Ford's NAV. Every single one of those I've played with have been glitchy and leave a lot to be desired. Those are still close to a grand in price for many of them.

IMO it's not worth it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Our trucks are still running SYNC 2.

I've looked into this. It'll cost about 250$, you find the gps module that plugs behind the screen on eBay off wrecked trucks or ford vehicles, they must have sync 2 with the bigger screen with Nav.2013+ I believe? The sellers usually state if it has Nav. Then you need to buy the SD card from ford.

Now, a ford forum(I forgot the name) figured this out. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't guarantee it will work.

But I do plan on doing it soon!

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Well if anyone does this please let me know. I will work on it as well. It is driving me crazy that I don't have it. I guess that was a stupid thing on my end for not making sure it was there.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well if anyone does this please let me know. I will work on it as well. It is driving me crazy that I don't have it. I guess that was a stupid thing on my end for not making sure it was there.

My ford Salesman promised it could be added on.... Ha..

CDUBYA

Reaction score
From what I have seen it can be added but cost about $900 for the module and the SD card.

osiris

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a module? Only reason I say this is cuz I took the sd card out of my 14 150 and put it in a 16 350 and it worked?

CDUBYA

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a module? Only reason I say this is cuz I took the sd card out of my 14 150 and put it in a 16 350 and it worked?

Really? and your 16 just had the screen with no Nav before? Interesting.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
My 15 won't do anything if take the card and put it in there. And that's a card from a 13 f250 or one from a 15 escape.

osiris

Reaction score
I didn't buy that one but yeah that is all I did to get it to work so I dunno. Maybe it had the module but just not the card?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Trucks are still on sync2? And they don't have nav?

Thats odd as hell. Sync3 units all have bav I believe. You just install the sd card as long as its updated. Had 3 vehicles with sync 3 and they all had it. And one with sync 2, iircn and it had navigation too.

CurtisF

Reaction score

Thats odd as hell. Sync3 units all have bav I believe. You just install the sd card as long as its updated. Had 3 vehicles with sync 3 and they all had it. And one with sync 2, iircn and it had navigation too.

I haven't messed with the 16 SD's much, but yeah apparently they are one of the few still on Sync 2. I thought all 16's had Sync 3, but I was wrong.

I recently got a 16 Escape with Sync 3, it does not have NAV.

Jomax

Reaction score
Sync 3 has the new interface, the screen is more like a phone.

There is no superduty out there with sync 3 other then the 17s. All the new Lincolns have it, and some models for ford. It's way smoother in response time, navigation is way better.

Jomax

Reaction score

Every superduty other then the 2017s is on sync 2

Nav came standard on the lariat ultimate and plattys I believe. My truck is a loaded lariat without Nav.

osiris

Reaction score
What truck trim do you have?

the f150 I had was a 2014 FX4
the truck I put the sd card in was a 2016 F350 Lariat

I am getting a 2016 f350 Lariat hopefully this evening... but it came with the nav already on it so I dunno. If I get a chance ill look at that other truck and make sure that it doesn't have NAV. Its possible it has nav and someone stole the SD card I suppose...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.