AFe intake?

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I recently tuned my truck and installed a 4" DP back exhaust. Just curious as to what everyone's opinion on whether an intake would be beneficial for me or not? I'm running a pretty small tune so I'm not worried about my filter minder popping or anything like that. Just wondering if I'd actually see any more mileage gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Yes. You'll benefit. Everyone recommends No limit. I would suggest that. However I had the AFE stage 2 and was perfectly happy with until I upgraded turbos.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I have seen lots of good recommendations for the No Limit. I really have no plans to go big turbos or extra fuel or anything wild with this truck though.

johnp115

Reaction score
I'm going bigger turbo very soon and will be selling my stage 2 intake if you're interested. It has done me 100% fine. Definitely helps over stock. And sounds pretty cool at times too.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
That being said, I do like the fact that No Limit comes with a prefilter as well. Price is pretty good too for what you get.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I have seen lots of good recommendations for the No Limit. I really have no plans to go big turbos or extra fuel or anything wild with this truck though.

Your afe stage 2 will work. I ran mine for months. Anything more then that your going to have to have the CCV mod and vent your crankcase pressure into the atmosphere. The inside diameter of the factory afe is smaller then that of your turbo inlet. So it's your decision. I personally feel if you have no further plans then you are fine running that

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I'm going bigger turbo very soon and will be selling my stage 2 intake if you're interested. It has done me 100% fine. Definitely helps over stock. And sounds pretty cool at times too.

How much?

Your afe stage 2 will work. I ran mine for months. Anything more then that your going to have to have the CCV mod and vent your crankcase pressure into the atmosphere. The inside diameter of the factory afe is smaller then that of your turbo inlet. So it's your decision. I personally feel if you have no further plans then you are fine running that

Well I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do the CCV anyways?

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I can not recall the exact difference size inlet vs air intake elbow. It's around here somewhere. And if your going to do the CCV mod anyways. Then go No limit or the elite afe upgrade. But might as well spend the money once and go for the gusto

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I can not recall the exact difference size inlet vs air intake elbow. It's around here somewhere. And if your going to do the CCV mod anyways. Then go No limit or the elite afe upgrade. But might as well spend the money once and go for the gusto

Decisions decisions. Hmmm.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I'm have the Elite afe upgrade personally. Only bc of the heat shield. I feel it'll block some of the water splash that occurs when I drive my truck across the river when I hunt. However being the amount of money I now have tied up into my pickup i see that adventure happening less. Lol. I will probably end up selling the CAI I have an moving up to the no limit..

TXlineman83

Reaction score
CCV reroute is a mod can be done at home from local parts store. 1" heater hose. But either way u get what u pay for. Wanna play with the big dogs or stay on the front porch. Your call

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
CCV reroute is a mod can be done at home from local parts store. 1" heater hose. But either way u get what u pay for. Wanna play with the big dogs or stay on the front porch. Your call

No real desire to have a 600whp truck to be honest. Just want a reliable smooth daily. But damn do I like the look of that No Limit. It's a nicely constructed piece. Lol.

Latest posts

Members online