After market replacement fuel tanks

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ok guys I’d like to get some input and reviews on a larger replacement fuel tank for my crew cab short bed 6.4. I do not have any experience with the s&b or titan tanks, but I do have a replacement transfer flow tank in my 6.7 and I don’t have any complaints. They just don’t make one for a 6.4 truck. That being said what do you like or dislike about them? Any pics? How much lower do they hang? Is your fuel gauge still accurate since you can reuse your sending unit? Any spots on bottom for a sump if someone wanted?

I think the titan uses a metal ring that bolts the sending unit down vs the plastic ring you have to twist, other than that I have no clue. Thanks

Racer71

Reaction score
Another shop here in town was installing a S&B tank the other day when I went over to flash a pcm for them. There was a spacer plate laying there for the sender, they were waiting on a new strainer to install it. I noticed it had a drain on it as well. I haven’t talked to him since to see how it went. I believe he said it was a bit cheaper than the titan, I know he’s a dealer for both brands

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have done an s&b or 2, and a couple of titans. Had an issue with an s&b in our old shop tow vehicle, in that it would spit back when filling right before the pump clicked off. Had the vent run properly, so that wasn’t the issue. Titans never had a problem with that. That truck actually had a titan that we switched for the s&b due to the incorrect tank being ordered for a customer, and they needed it right then and there, so we swapped the titan for the factory until the s&b came in.

Both tanks hang down about the same, both go forward about the same. The s&b runs a weird 3rd strap type deal i. The front to hold it up, at least on the 6.7s. It also seems to have more weird bumps and channels and stuff in it that seems like they could potentially be a fuel flowing to the sender issue, probably act as baffling, but seems overly complicated to my pea brain. The titans are more like factory, just larger. One type of tank, and I apologize for not remembering which one, said it may require bending of the float arm to sit properly in the tank, but gave fairly decent instructions if I recall correctly. I did not have to modify the one I did.

Long story short, I do prefer the titan over the s&b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I installed about 50 titan tanks in F-450 and F-550 chassis cabs when they had the issue with the tanks delaminating and messing up the fuel systems. Still have about 10 fo the trucks and never had an issue with any of them. Easy install and the kit came with everything needed. Only time we had to buy extra parts was if we broke hardware when pulling the old tanks.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Do all the titan tanks use the ring to bolt the sending units in vs the factory plastic ring? I know the s&b has a sump port, do the titans or is there space on the bottom for one? Not sure if I’ll sump it or use the billet riffraff isspro sending unit.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I believe all the titans I’ve done have had a bolted ring for the sender. I’ve put sumps in titans, never done one on an s&b though. Don’t remember seeing a spot for one though on them…

sootie

Reaction score
Titan all day long. Recalibrate the fuel gauge with Forscan.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Will a 6.4 have to be recalibrated since it says it’ll work with the stock sender? Will the stock sending unit still be accurate? I’ll be using this billet riffraff sending unit when I get one as it’s suppose to be more accurate with the isspro sender.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Recalibrating will affect the distance to empty reading. Other than that, not really needed. Fuel gauge will still read correctly, just not dte without calibration