ahhhhh up-pipe clamp

Rupp250

Reaction score
Well I got home from work today and figured I would start getting the turbo off. I was going pretty quick, got everything off then went to do the v-band clamp on the up-pipe. First time removing it and damn damn damn. Now I'm sitting on the couch sipping a ice cold beverage and have it soaking with pb.

Got any other tricks to get it off. I was just trying to wedge different size screwdrivers in there to pry it off. Nothing. Tried hitting it. Nothing. Just keep soaking and hitting prying?

David N

Reaction score
Thats what I did. Kept spraying it and hitting it. Its a pain trying to work blind. If you leave it soaking long enough it will eventually pop off.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
V-band clamp on the up pipes? Stock ones? Aren't they held on with 2 bolts?

ajfetterman

Reaction score
I used a piece of 1/2" copper pipe and a hammer. Popped right open.......after sitting over night being soaked with PB while I soaked myself with beer. Same boat you are currently in.

Rupp250

Reaction score
Man good thing I invested in a easy button this year. Went out there yesterday after letting it soak over night, touched it with a screwdriver and popped right off. Doesn't get much better than that.

Latest posts

Members online