Air bag load assist recommendations

zporta

Reaction score
i have the air lift 5000 kit as well as their onboard air kit. i have the air installed with my train horns but not the 5000 kit yet. still figuring a good mounting point for the gauge and switch

sagebel

Reaction score
I have a two guage pod next to my rear view mirror the the Dual Controller and an air pressure guage for my 5 gal tank.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have firestone bags with the airlift wireless one controller / compressor. It works great. No need to run air lines in the cab to see the pressure and I can be outside of the truck to see how level,it is sitting. This is grossing around 30k and 6.7s squat easy.
uje2e9y7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BK39

Reaction score
13 f350 DRW
Staying between 8 - 9 K on rear axles pretty regularly.

What do you have? Easy to install? Manual and compressor fitting?

We put the firestone kit on my dad's truck. Currently it's all manual, but only because we haven't hooked up the compressor and controller yet(we were in a hurry when we did it). I advise compressor over manual.

The other day it wasn't raining when we left home, 30psi in the bags was almost perfect, pulled like a dream. But 2 hours later after it started raining and wind picked up.......we had to pull over to let some air out, it needed more tongue weight. If we had the on board controller hooked up, we wouldn't have needed to stop.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
By lowing the rear end of the truck it transfers more weight to the front of the trailer if it is nose down.

Sent from my I fone 5

Zmann

Reaction score
i don't think the say inch you may change the height is going to have a lot of impact on tongue weight
effect will vary if the trailer weight is centered or biased to the front or rear of the trailer of course

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yes but mine moves quite a but more than an inch. I would say I can gain about 5" with mine pretty easy if I have a big load. But yes it is mostly how you have your load centered on your trailer.

Sent from my I fone 5

Zmann

Reaction score
gotch ya
mine can do about 3" but i only use it to level my truck
empty and no trailer they don't even sit in the Daystar cradle LOL