Air in fuel lines

pistonbully

Reaction score
A friend changed his fuel filters a couple days ago since then his truck has run rough. He is wondering if there is a way he can bleed the fuel lines??

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Air in the lines is not the issue. 6.0 fuel systems self bleed. Any air introduced to the system is sent back to the tank when you reprime the system (key on engine off until the fuel pump stops. I usually do it 3 times). What brand fuel filters did he put in it? Does he have a fuel psi gauge? Did you guys change or do anything else on the truck?

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Air in the lines is not the issue. 6.0 fuel systems self bleed. Any air introduced to the system is sent back to the tank when you reprime the system (key on engine off until the fuel pump stops. I usually do it 3 times). What brand fuel filters did he put in it? Does he have a fuel psi gauge? Did you guys change or do anything else on the truck?

Exactly......only time I ever had any issues was when I did my blue spring kit, cycled the fuel pump 5 times and the truck wouldn't fire, just cranked and cranked, cracked open the top fuel filter housing and then cycled the pump 5 more times, fired right up.

If the truck is at least running, pretty safe to say its not air in the lines that are the problem. Ya'll sure you didn't get anything in the housing and are you getting any codes? The CEL doesn't need to be on for there to be soft codes........

Latest posts

Members online