airdog and ede airdog upgrade install

devon_344

Reaction score
well since there is no directions with the upgrade kit. and i have to install it at night while the shop since a buddy is letting me use the lift while he is closed.

i know ive read about not having to install the line that goes to the hpfp since u have to pull the turbo to get to it so i will wait to exchange that line when i do turbos.

any pics or advice would be appreciated cause i i will have to try and do it one night.

White_monster

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but unless you have some extra fittings that my 2 kits don't there's no way to use the stock supply line without fabing up something. Also you can change that fitting in the hpfp with the turbos on, I've done it.

Here's a couple pics.

a7f4f18a.jpg

bcb2a24a.jpg

Here's how the fuel bowl delete goes together. I have 2 supply hoses for twin fuelers.

12f7a9df.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That is totaly insane that the kit doesnt come with instructions on how to install it. Come on guys take 30 mins and print something up and put it in with each kit.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Alright so top of the block is supply from the air dog. Out the left side is supply to the hpfp. Out the back of the block goes to the regulator. Top line from the regulator goes to the fuel cooler, bottom line is return back to the tank.

7ea2269e.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
JD thanks for the picture bud. It helped me out putting mine together. I will be making a video soon on this procedure as well for everyone to see on here. Pretty easy to do once you figure it out. Also quality is TOP NOTCH as always!! I LIKE!!!

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD thanks for the picture bud. It helped me out putting mine together. I will be making a video soon on this procedure as well for everyone to see on here. Pretty easy to do once you figure it out. Also quality is TOP NOTCH as always!! I LIKE!!!

Glad you like it buddy!

Diesel23

Reaction score
Hey JD Thanks, like 08BIGRIG said those pics help a big deal ,
Just had one question , So if the AIRDOG 165 is installed and pressure turned up to 15 , You STILL need a regulator inline from elites fuel block to the fuel cooler ? thanks

Diesel23

Reaction score
Our regulator regulates the return side as well as the feed. Without our regulator you would only have pressure at the pump inlet.

Thanks alot !! Will end up just getting this kit , Do you know off hand if they have these kits in stock or is their a lead time?

madman1234509

Reaction score
So much more work than is needed. I have never understood why there isn't a kit that just uses a multi port regulator. Aeromotive makes a few that meets our needs.

Wayne

Reaction score
The block is needed for the size of lines we use on our stage 2 kit, and to tee off for twin pumps. This way the different kits have more components in common. It also is fitted for the fuel temp sensor.

The point of the kit is to eliminate the lower volume capability of the factory banjo bolts, lack of adjust-ability of the factory regulator, and to open up space under the hood, necessary with many aftermarket turbo kits including all of ours, tow-power X, and larger. This is also the only regulator in our stage 2 system, so there's a kit consistency factor.

I'm sure someone could get creative, cobbling a bunch of fittings together to get the same end result mechanically, but this is how we do it.

Latest posts

Members online