Airdog Fuel/Air seperator system question for 08 f350

Txs_mde_87

Reaction score
newbie to powerstrokes and diesels in general but a day after buying my f350 coming from the movies and my tank at 22 miles to Empty it shut down on me and after a 100 dollar tow back to the dealer, that's when i learned that you couldnt run diesels that low. i know shame on me.

So now that im terrified of my going under a 1/4 tank short of spending 1300 bucks on a new larger tank i was wondering if something like the Airdog fuel/air seperator solves that problem? obviously the link stating better MPGs is a plus as well.

I am all for doing this pump upgrade and a bowl delete and the sinister diesel fuel tank sump kit to be able to use a majority of the gallons in the OEM tank without fear of being stranded on the side of the road, I'm not trying to ride E for days on end but on my way to work its about a 75 mile round trip of mainly back roads with no diesel pumps in sight and my fuel guage doesnt stay still long. Im just looking to do clean upgrades and sneaking in fractions of MPGs while diesel is still lowish.

Cknox121

Reaction score
the MPG increase will be minimal. You wont even notice. As for a sump, if you put one in, make sure tank its 99% empty. After I drilled the hole I would flush with diesel to remove all the existing debris. On that note, sucking from the bottom, its going to draw every bit of new and old debris in the tank at some point, but thats what filters are for right? Benefit is less strain on the pump, go longer distances per tank. Hope this helps

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hmm guess I got lucky.
I have run mine down to 6 miles remaining because the diesel station was closed due to bad weather. I was really nervous but made it without any issues. I know I'll be running a LPFS when I rebuild mine.

Bigmo

Reaction score
Uh ohhh.......i was low one day a few weeks ago, and was out of town, went to a known good fuel stop, and low and behold it was Sunday and they were closed. So Im on fumes, and eased back another direction, with the idiot center showing empty in 5 miles.....I drove it about 12 or so...it was on 0 MILES for several miles to get to the fuel.....I was about s--ting a brick cuz of the bottoms in the tank getting to the fuel system....I filled it, and that night drained the water sep and then some to get any debris out that might have gotten in the thing.....

RSK

Reaction score
mines gotten down to 0 miles until empty and been surging when i was headed to the gas station a no issues stalling out or anything. its said 0 miles to empty a few times never had any issues, i was also driving it easy so the fuel wouldn't slosh back when i accelerated too.

Latest posts

Members online