Airdog pressure adjustment

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
So I have been fighting a FRP issue for the last three months since my build. Pressure swings after TC lock up and after boost falls off. But that is a whole other thread. Anyways, I was messing around with my airdog and turned the pressure dial up to see if that would help my issue some kind of way. Cranked up the truck and it was running like crap and had a whining noise under the hood. Even at idle FRP was swinging bad. I thought the fuel bowl regulated the pressure down to 3 psi or something. I guess my question is why would adjusting the pressure on the airdog affect FRP at idle? Seems like the fuel bowl would regulate it down no matter what the airdog was set at.

pog

Reaction score
I'd just delete the fuel bowl. One less thing to diagnose.

Black_Lightning91

Reaction score
You turned the pressure on the airdog up higher then FRP started to act crazy at idle? hmm I agree on deleting the fuel bowl but how does the fuel bowl regulate pressure j/w as I'm not aware.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yes that is correct. Maybe that is the return line that is regulated at 3 psi

Correct, the return is regulated to 3 psi. The supply isn't recommended to go above 10 psi ( Per Ford's Spec's ). Sounds like you may have a bad FRP sensor, get a balance test done on it to make sure your pump and injectors are up to par though to rule that out before swapping parts.

Latest posts

Members online