AirDog100 autopsy

Big Bore

Reaction score
Are you talking about the scale on the parts?

No, the AD pump failed. The tech said trash must have clogged up the pump and burned up the motor. It didn't. The pump and internal of the filter head was pristine. The gerotor parts were spotless. He also mentioned water in the fuel. So wtf good is a filtration system with a water separator then if it burns up the pump motor before it ever gets to the filter. Thats right, the pump is not protected by the filters on an AD. Yes that is retarded.

I'm still trying to get larger pics up.

Yes that is carbon that fell out of the rotor and stator. The brushes were fine, the bearings are tight. The motor simply burned up. With less than 30K, probably less than 20K. It finally took out my Walbro. I replaced the Walbro with another Walbro, and after taking the AD off the Walbro is completely silent. Prior to that it whined loudly at key on just before startup.

I'll keep working on the pics.

There are a couple threads in tech forum with the details.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The pump siphons the fuel from the tank and then pushes the fuel through the filter for a reason, that way any trash created buy the pump (shavings and such) don't go straight to the motor, the way it's set up the fuel goes from the filters to the motor with out passing though the AD pump. That's the way you want it, other wise if you had a pump failure the possibility of it trashing your injectors goes way up.

Tom S

Reaction score
I asked that because the windings do not look toasted in that one photo.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the fuel flow through the ad 100... fuel is drawn through the pickup tube,then through the water separator. then to the gerotor,its then pressurized and sent to the 2 or 7-10 miron filter. air and dirt are filtered. theres a regulator port intergrated in the 100s,and,150s that sends the air,and extra fuel back to the tank. fuel is pushed from the bottom of the forward filter(for no air purposes) and sent to your factory lift pump.

the gerotor is protected from large debris,and water. the water separator has roughly a 144 micron stainless screen.

just some food for thought..

AirDog® – Supplier and Manufacturer of Fuel Air Separator Systems ...
www.pureflowairdog.com/

hope this helps you understand how the system works....

Southmike

Reaction score
Id spray it with contact cleaner and put it back together.
Run some temp power and see what happens.

What kind of fuel pickup do you run?

09stroker

Reaction score
Well first of all water in the fuel would not matter because the motor is not exposed to the fuel in any way.......
My brother had an airdog go out and when we took it apart a bunch of carbon crap came out of the motor. The small O-rings the seal the long bolts must have failed or been pinched on assembly cause there was straight up water in there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.