all map lights dead

s10mike

Reaction score
Was changing the bulbs in my map lights, put the last one in, and they all died. Bulbs are still good. Im not getting power to them. Is there a fuse for just the map lights? Dome lights still work. Everything still works. Just no map lights

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Make sure all three screws that go into the head liner are going into their respective spots. Theres a ground, one for the dome light, and one for the map lights. If one of those isnt right, it can cause that. There is a fuse and I cannot remember which it is. Ive just had the head liner down in a lot of PennDOT trucks here and usually its because one of the screws isnt going into the right spot.

s10mike

Reaction score
i checked, one screw is in the wrong spot. so the fuse is above the headliner? man, i appreciate that. little things not working really drive me nuts. cant believe that i screwed that wrong. damn it:morons:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
No the fuse is under the dash. I just can't remember what all is on it. The only things above the headliner are the wire and the "receptacles" the screws go into to power the lights. Glad it was a simple fix.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Usually when you put the screw in the wrong hole in the headliner it does blow the fuse. That's how I know about that fuse haha.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Oh sorry I misunderstood. Do you have a test light and manual? I can look it up here in a bit, but I'm trying to get packed to leave at 6am for vacation. I think it also kills the radio ? The clock will come on but not the radio. It's been a long time since I blew that fuse.....

s10mike

Reaction score
radio works. as far as i can see, everything still works. i have a test light, and multimeter. manual too. you get packed up for vacation man. ill figure it out. have a good time, and thanks

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Check fuse 4.

Edit that may be an 01 and prior. But its labeled glove box lights, map lights and under hood.

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Check them all I guess. I saw in another thread 35, 41 can be a culprit. I can't for the life of me remember and mines an 01 with the older style fuse block.

Latest posts

Members online