Amp Research Steps deploy randomly

superstroked

Reaction score
I have some Amp Power steps that work normally most of the time but, here lately, the driver side will come down after I shut the door. This can happen when driving or after it is parked with the door shut. If I open and shut the driver door, it will go back in but may come back down. It will also go back up on its own too. The back seat driver door has no affect either way.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas of what the issue could be?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would first check the wiring where you tee into the factory wires for the steps, im pretty sure they apply a ground to make the step go up, and open circuit when the door is open, so if there is an open or loose wire they will go down on thier own, thats where i would start.

alradco

Reaction score
Give them a call, the tech department is real good. I had a problem with my amp steps, they randomly wouldn't come down when you opened the door, wife wasn't too happy the first time she almost fell out.

Anyway, called them and bought a new controller which fixed the problem. Took less than a minute to install. Yours might still be under warranty?

Peter

02BigD

Reaction score
i would first check the wiring where you tee into the factory wires for the steps, im pretty sure they apply a ground to make the step go up, and open circuit when the door is open, so if there is an open or loose wire they will go down on thier own, thats where i would start.

This.

superstroked

Reaction score
After checking all of the wiring ect, it ended up being the control module that was the issue. Amp sent a new one out under warranty. Problem Solved.

Latest posts

Members online