Annoying popping/clunk in front end

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1996 F-250 with a Dana 60 front end conversion and a full 10 inch lift kit. The problem I'm having is there is this popping/clunk noise going on in my front end.

It usually happens when I'm coming to a stop, or accelerating from a stand still. Also it's really bad if I'm stopping on a slant or uneven ground. The noise also switchs off sides but both sides of the front end are popping/clunking.

Curious to hear what you guys think it is, I'm trying to get it ready to run down the track and I can't be having weird issues like this on race day. All input is welcome.

Cody

Reaction score
my boss had the same thing took it to ford, ended up putting sway bars in it, stopped it ever since

twelch3

Reaction score
My truck makes the same noise at the same times.The rear hanger on the front spring is laid back towards the frame & hits when you stop or take off.I have 8" lift springs that need replacing very soon.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
I've been meaning to put sway bars in so I'll have to put that on the top of my list. Also ball joints are tight they are new ish (last year) XRF ball joints. Also could it be the leaf spring bushings or hanger bushings.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
mine is kinda how you are describing goin to put all new buchings up front cause it looks like my leafs are riding on the bolts and they got 260k miles on them also haha

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Jack up the front end and see if you can shake the tire while its bolted down, if you can you need new ball joints.

Latest posts

Members online