another compound /build thread.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So I want more.. always seems to be the case. As of now I have mods listed in sig, also have a 67.7fmw sitting in a box in my living room waiting on the time to put it on.

Looking for some opinions I think compounds would be pretty damn shweet. I was thinking like the 67.7 and maybe a 88mm? im pretty ignorant when it comes to sizing turbos. I would like to stay on fuel only, so I have a couple of questions

Sounds like general consensus is that with our incredibly designed heads, 800 hp is about max on fuel only

that being said, what injectors are needed to make max hp fuel only? I see 300/200s are very popular but are they enough ? I saw a vid of brian jelichs truck running on fuel only, and it was very smokey, so I guess in my mind im thinking that 750 horse or so would be manageable without 400/400s, and with compounds to clean it up.

im looking for pics of compound setups ( have searched but found little with good pics) and ideas on where to stick the second turbo, I would like to not have to lose my A/C because fat kid gonna sweat. would also take opions as where they Wont fit. Pulling an engine last weekend and noticed a godawful amount of room on drivers side where battery would be ( removed) but im not sure how the exhaust plumbing would go.

As far as the motor goes the plan so far is this :
rods ( will take any opinion as the what to go with ex. carrilo, crower, hypermax)
girdle
maybe a partial fill?
ARP studs
Swamps beehive springs

Is there a SINGLE oil pump that will handle whatever injectors I will need ? I know they are talking big about the honey badger but its not even out yet, heard lots of bad about srp1, just wondering if I will have to go to dual pumps or not.

will have a BTS to keep the togetherness from coming apart

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm no expert.....
But everyone I've discussed this with has told me go biiiig turbo, as in 88 minimum. My plan isn't for max power, per se, just a broad powerband, I.e. towing. There should be plenty of fuel with 300/200s, unless your looking for big dyno numbers, and don't care too much about smoke and driveability, long term.
I "think" with 400 sized injectors you could probably go up to a 95ish turbo, and gate the hp turbo to control it.
At this point, to keep it reasonably efficient, you'll need dual pumps, and/or some pretty nice injectors.
Course you'll have a bunch of coin holding the bottom end together, if you use the power at all.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I'm no expert.....
But everyone I've discussed this with has told me go biiiig turbo, as in 88 minimum. My plan isn't for max power, per se, just a broad powerband, I.e. towing. There should be plenty of fuel with 300/200s, unless your looking for big dyno numbers, and don't care too much about smoke and driveability, long term.
I "think" with 400 sized injectors you could probably go up to a 95ish turbo, and gate the hp turbo to control it.
At this point, to keep it reasonably efficient, you'll need dual pumps, and/or some pretty nice injectors.
Course you'll have a bunch of coin holding the bottom end together, if you use the power at all.

I mean all this work I would like 750-800 know what I mean? I just don't know what 300/200s will do,

I have a buddy who used to work for turbonetics that was saying a 104 would be sweet ... just not sure if he was meaning that realistically?

im thinking about buying remaned heads, then getting the block done

I know with carbed gassers they say you have to be careful when port/polishing because the way the heads are helps mix fuel/air. I don't see this being the case with a turboed DI motor so I will be looking at a DYI polish job

psduser1

Reaction score
My info comes from the folks vref named, in fact I bought my lap setup from nate, just haven't had time to put it together.
Headwork will help you, but I think the fuel end will limit you, in relation to rpms. Swamps sells a guaranteed 900+ 7.3l, so it is doable.

DocBar

Reaction score
I mean all this work I would like 750-800 know what I mean? I just don't know what 300/200s will do,

I have a buddy who used to work for turbonetics that was saying a 104 would be sweet ... just not sure if he was meaning that realistically?

im thinking about buying remaned heads, then getting the block done

I know with carbed gassers they say you have to be careful when port/polishing because the way the heads are helps mix fuel/air. I don't see this being the case with a turboed DI motor so I will be looking at a DYI polish job
You'll do good to hit high 600's with 200% nozzles. That's been the limiting factor with every builder I've talked to. You can easily spray it up to your desired power levels (use bigger gates than you would for just the compounds ). I think Mike O hit around 800 rwhp on fuel with 400/400's, but I'm not positive and I'm sure you've read the threads about 400% nozzles and the trial and error of dialing them in and the questionable nozzle reliability.

I would definitely have a completely built motor before doing compounds.

I think Brian Jelich used a 104 in his old set up. Might want to hit him up.

bruce

Reaction score
I thought I just saw on fb where swamps made right at 800 with 300/200's so take 15% drive train loss and you're at 650

littleredstroker

Reaction score
that's confusing to me. I guess I was under the impression from what others have said that I should be just shy of 600 with the 67.7 and my 250/100s, regardless if I have to go bigger than that I will. does any one make a 300% nozzle or does it just go right to 400?

bruce

Reaction score
Theres a guy on here with a really quick eclb obs that has 400/300's but they ain't common. For you bein out there in no mans land you might want to stick with somethin more easily tuneable. I'm not sure what the orifice difference in the two are though.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
that's why I was hoping for 300/200s making 750 rwhp ... live tuning isn't exactly real feasible... im not sure what it woul dtake to get a tuner to come up here. I know a couple guys running gearheads tunes, but im sure it would take a lot more than that to get him to come up...

any thoughts on weather or not I will need block filled?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.