Any of y'all raced these newer camaros?

AllanB

Reaction score
The car is an SS, itnis bone stock, andnyes it is a stick shift. I will have to check out the rolling start with the tow switch on. Never thought about that. The next thing I have to get is traction bars. When I start from dead stop, I have to standard shift the 5R. By the time the wheels get finished spinning and hopping. The damn TCM is so screwed up, there is no telling what gear I end up in. Usually one i don't want to be in. I just got into the habit of shifting it myself, until it gets up enough speed that isn't spinning. In hate this also. Nothing like having to let out of it a little to stop wheel spin.:cursing:

Kind

Reaction score
Don't do a boosted launch, or boost very little. Like 5psi max. Then roll into it until late 2nd or 3rd then mash it. It's always worked for me, even before caltracs, just the 24's lol.

Just remember not to panic if the other car get a length on you out of the whole. Keep your cool and be confident in what your truck has on that car up to 100mph.

The only thing I'm not aware of is how the tune in your truck makes power, I've never used that tune. So maybe my advise will be null.

87jumpy

Reaction score
Unless the guy your racing is a pro at driving a stick, I don't think you will have a problem

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I would really try and do it from a roll.. I think from a 30 roll as long as you get the break they won't be able to keep up... We raced one in my buddies 6 speed megacab, the car was bone stock and that's how we got the dude... he said the car had a custom tune but I highly doubt that as my buddies truck only makes 475 and we pulled out on it a decent amount

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I've seen Brian Jelich (powersmoker) end up beside one at our local 1/8th mile. Hahaha it wasn't pretty but guess that don't really count it was with the race truck.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I ran one of those SS's a few months back in 2wd ( from a light ) and we both let off at around 80 and he was at my back tire. They are fast don't get me wrong but they are not as fast as you think.

imelmo

Reaction score
Is the 4wd on your truck broke or is it a lifted 2wd?

AllanB

Reaction score
Don't do a boosted launch, or boost very little. Like 5psi max. Then roll into it until late 2nd or 3rd then mash it. It's always worked for me, even before caltracs, just the 24's lol.

Just remember not to panic if the other car get a length on you out of the whole. Keep your cool and be confident in what your truck has on that car up to 100mph.

The only thing I'm not aware of is how the tune in your truck makes power, I've never used that tune. So maybe my advise will be null.

I have learned not to boost at all from a dead stop. It is hard to make yourself do that, but it only makes the turbos light faster, and then the tires break loose immidiately. The tune makes great power down low, then I would say from about 50mph to 80mph it does ok. From 80mph to how ever long you have the balls to hold it to the floor, it pulls really hard.

I've seen Brian Jelich (powersmoker) end up beside one at our local 1/8th mile. Hahaha it wasn't pretty but guess that don't really count it was with the race truck.

If I were driving Brian Jelich's truck we wouldn't be having this conversation LOL

Is the 4wd on your truck broke or is it a lifted 2wd?

It's a lifted 2wd, lmao J/k, yes the one in the avitar is 4wd. I also have a 08Supercab that is 2wd 6.4ltr. Nothing against guys that want to lift a 2wd up like that. But it ain't for me.

BK39

Reaction score
The car is an SS, itnis bone stock, andnyes it is a stick shift.

The last SS I raced, I jumped him out the hole, and he slowly but surely was pulling on me, he didn't catch me till 90 or so(I was watching the road and him in my mirror mostly, so give or take 10mph). If I didn't have that launch, I would have never won (the agreement was 1/8th mile). That was with the Spartan 275 tune. I have not had a chance to meet up with him again using the 310....yet.

Best of luck tho, and get someone to video it. :evil

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I have learned not to boost at all from a dead stop. It is hard to make yourself do that, but it only makes the turbos light faster, and then the tires break loose immidiately. The tune makes great power down low, then I would say from about 50mph to 80mph it does ok. From 80mph to how ever long you have the balls to hold it to the floor, it pulls really hard.

If I were driving Brian Jelich's truck we wouldn't be having this conversation LOL

It's a lifted 2wd, lmao J/k, yes the one in the avitar is 4wd. I also have a 08Supercab that is 2wd 6.4ltr. Nothing against guys that want to lift a 2wd up like that. But it ain't for me.

Yeah needless to say the people standing around me were amazed that what they called a "farm truck" haha left this Camaro looking like it was sitting still.

imelmo

Reaction score

Ah, gotcha. LOL

HighOn22's

Reaction score
I've never rode in the new Camaro, but my girl friend has a GT 5.0. I'm pretty sure it's a little faster due to lighter weight. Needless to say is I can only imagine what it feels like to be in some of you guys trucks whom are running faster than the new 5.0s and Camaros.

Phiber Optik

Reaction score
I ran a newer 5.0L stang with exhaust last weekend up to 180kph and he couldn't get around me CCSB - 8100lbs on 37's, you should be fine

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I've never rode in the new Camaro, but my girl friend has a GT 5.0. I'm pretty sure it's a little faster due to lighter weight. Needless to say is I can only imagine what it feels like to be in some of you guys trucks whom are running faster than the new 5.0s and Camaros.

The new 5.0's are faster than the Camaro's. Ford really stepped it up with the 2012 Mustang

Latest posts

Members online