Any painters in here?!

BlueOx

Reaction score
Well I found this on my truck this afternoon. Needless to say in pretty pissed. Now comes time fun part when trying to get it fixed. The scratch doesn't seem too deep but it's defiantly noticeable. Any ideas on how to fix it?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378008023.695557.jpg

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
May be able to throw some 3m scratch compound on it, and buff it out, don't look very deep, or take it to a body shop, get real fine grit on it, then buff it, hope you get it fixed, I know I've been successful with the 3m compound but it's expensive works great, I can get a pic of the bottle if you'd like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BlueOx

Reaction score
May be able to throw some 3m scratch compound on it, and buff it out, don't look very deep, or take it to a body shop, get real fine grit on it, then buff it, hope you get it fixed, I know I've been successful with the 3m compound but it's expensive works great, I can get a pic of the bottle if you'd like

That would be awesome if you could post some pics! I'm not to savvy when it comes to the paint department lol

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
YouTube is a BIG help, I watched a detailing video earlier and a guy took sand paper to his car! Bout made me cry but all in the end it looked brand new!! Couldn't tell he ever touched it with sandpaper,
enavezyt.jpg
uqa8egu7.jpg

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
4yzugapy.jpg

If you want your truck to look the best it's ever been, rub some of this on it with a rag, then clean it off with a clean rag, quicker than wax and just as good but both them products are expensive

BlueOx

Reaction score
4yzugapy.jpg

If you want your truck to look the best it's ever been, rub some of this on it with a rag, then clean it off with a clean rag, quicker than wax and just as good but both them products are expensive

Where might a fella find these said 3m products?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
most parts stores can order 3m products. you can try toothpaste with baking soda if you are anxious to try something to get results, then glaze it with polishing wax.

co04cobra

Reaction score
IMO if you have never ran a buffer I would NOT go get buffing compound and a buffer and go to town. Lots of things to *** up.

The scratch doesn't look to bad. Go to a local body shop, and have them wet sand and buff it out. A guy that knows what he is doing should be able to buff that out. Just my .02

On edit: Shouldn't cost more then $50 to buff it out.

BlueOx

Reaction score
most parts stores can order 3m products. you can try toothpaste with baking soda if you are anxious to try something to get results, then glaze it with polishing wax.

Hmmmm I've never heard of this method.

BlueOx

Reaction score
IMO if you have never ran a buffer I would NOT go get buffing compound and a buffer and go to town. Lots of things to *** up.

The scratch doesn't look to bad. Go to a local body shop, and have them wet sand and buff it out. A guy that knows what he is doing should be able to buff that out. Just my .02

On edit: Shouldn't cost more then $50 to buff it out.

Yea I don't plan on it lol.
I'll talk to a body shop, but I was just curious if there was any tips on how to do it myself.

12stroker

Reaction score
Well I found this on my truck this afternoon. Needless to say in pretty pissed. Now comes time fun part when trying to get it fixed. The scratch doesn't seem too deep but it's defiantly noticeable. Any ideas on how to fix it?
View attachment 20325

Take it good detail place and they can sometimes take them out for you. They did for my truck on the good from the neighbors cat.

Latest posts

Members online