Anybody have a Insight CTS in a OBS?

JD3020

Reaction score
I've been needing gauges for a while but haven't gotten around to ordering any, but i'm gonna get some this week. I'd like to get EGT, trans temp, boost, ICP, IPR DC%, and engine oil PSI. I've been looking at going with regular pillar gauges(most likely EV2's), but one of my brothers buddies had a Insight CTS at his vendor booth this weekend and i started looking at it. Needless to say for the cost($500 with EGT) its way cheaper than going with a bunch of regular gauges.

But i have some questions. What are the different ways to mount them in OBS's since all the Edge mounts are for SD's? And how high does the boost read on our trucks? I'm trying to determine if i need to get the EAS kit to read boost(another $140).

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
Well its just another one of those things that plugs into the factory computer and people say those types of things are inaccurate and pointless.

newman

Reaction score
Well its just another one of those things that plugs into the factory computer and people say those types of things are inaccurate and pointless.

That backward from what i hear... OE has good info they just don't display it through the dash guages

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
I have one and I love it, especially now that you can daisy chain multiple parameters into it that it didn't already cover.

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
It's 96 and up, mine is mounted next to the wait to start light in that empty space. Let me do some digging and I'll bring up where I got the mount from.

oneton

Reaction score
anybody that has one,what all does the gauge read and display?obs truck wise

how do you like it?

thinking of getting one would like some feedback.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

This is what is wrong with forums, you state this like you know something, but in reality, you don't have any experience whatsoever....

If anyone wants a CTS I have them. I can do 2nd day delivery for free too!

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
I've been needing gauges for a while but haven't gotten around to ordering any, but i'm gonna get some this week. I'd like to get EGT, trans temp, boost, ICP, IPR DC%, and engine oil PSI. I've been looking at going with regular pillar gauges(most likely EV2's), but one of my brothers buddies had a Insight CTS at his vendor booth this weekend and i started looking at it. Needless to say for the cost($500 with EGT) its way cheaper than going with a bunch of regular gauges.

But i have some questions. What are the different ways to mount them in OBS's since all the Edge mounts are for SD's? And how high does the boost read on our trucks? I'm trying to determine if i need to get the EAS kit to read boost(another $140).

We just installed one this last weekend. They are awesome!!! You can display up to 8 gauges at once also clear and read trouble codes.

If your interested I have one here on the shelf I can send you out;)

Denver

Reaction score
I have an old insight but just like the CTS they read the the truck as if a Ford computer was hooked up to it reading it. It doesn't have all the features a computer at Ford does but have plenty to make you happy.

JD3020

Reaction score
Depending on what i go with the hardest decision will be who to buy it from. LOL Most likely i'll be going with my buddy cause i'm gonna try to get him to let me demo one before i buy anything. But right now i have a set of stage 2's at Nates getting worked on, and since i blew up the tranny i gotta get a tranny before i do anything else. So it'll be a while till i buy anything.

How much boost does the factory MAP sensor read? Can it read to 35psi or is it lower? And would it be possible to mount a CTS in a SD overhead pod in a OBS?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
How you gonna do that?

I'll provide overnight shipping. And possibly a free backup camera. :D

Because we are ninjas. Ours also comes with a coupon for 1 free handjob at any local back ally. (disclaimer: coupon is only redeemable on Mondays at 3AM in select cities in January)

Last edited:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hmmm...

I was wondering how Nate made his money.

Let me know which city.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online