anyone have PMF tractions bars on a dually?

MEDIC350

Reaction score
i got some stage 2 traction bars from PMF the other day. anyone have any trouble mounting them with the 37 gallon fuel tank? i haven't started the install yet but it looks like the tank skid plate may give me some trouble. ill make them work however i have to. the PMF parts are made very well, nice and thick steel and the welds are perfect.

The Butcher

Reaction score
Not running them on a dually, but I have the 50 gallon replacement tank on my 250 and the guy that installed mine just made a capture plate for the nuts since he couldn't get a wrench in there to get at them. He pretty much just cut some holes in a piece of strap and then welded the nuts to the strap. He could then slide that into place on the frame and run the bolts up through them. Not sure if that is the same kind of issue you are having or not, but I thought it was a pretty good solution.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
good tip i will have my brother put his new welder to work making doing just that. did you have to deal with the tanks skid plate thats more my issue

1st last59

Reaction score
I have em on my 2012 Dually. I have to remove the side "skid" plate. And unstrapped the tank and moved it over enough to bolt the bracket in. My truck doesn't have an actual skid plate on the tank.

The Butcher

Reaction score
It wasn't really a skid plate issue on mine, more just the clearance between the tank and frame rail wouldn't allow for anything to get up there to hold the bolt in place while tightening.

higherlife

Reaction score
I just put the stage 3 on mine. had them painted at work. easy install. went off jcain's thread.

Latest posts

Members online