Anyone haveing surging problems with erics extreme x tune

Derkperk

Reaction score
I will if I get heavy on the throttle in overdrive at lower speeds, 60 or so. It clears up as the boost builds. I never had any issues with my stock setup and his tunes. Send him an email with the issue and "tune tweak" in the subject and he'll fix it right quick!!

snafu

Reaction score
Are you getting surge or a turbo fart, if you get out of the throttle quickly after going WOT the boost has no where to go so it is pushed back thru the intake.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
No loaded surge at all with the stage 1 turbo and 190/75s or 190/50s. If you let off quickly with higher boost you will get the "woof, and maybe another woof woof" - no kidding! It is definitely more pronounced with the larger compressor. I never ran this tune with a stock truck.

shryack01

Reaction score
When it started surging after wot the rpm tach was moving up and down for about 5 seconds then cleared up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cold Roller

Reaction score
It might be a relearn issue. Give it a few more and varying acceleration cycles before any longer WOT runs and it might cure it for you. It will also help your transmission deal with the shifts as well. The engine really needs to have higher RPM for both flow and power generation. Lugging the engine under the turbo is a sure way to get surging.

Last edited:

Derkperk

Reaction score
It might be a relearn issue. Give it a few more and varying acceleration cycles before any longer WOT runs and it might cure it for you. It will also help your transmission deal with the shifts as well. The engine really needs to have higher RPM for both flow and power generation. Lugging the engine under the turbo is a sure way to get surging.

What's relearning? Surge had nothing to do with a transmission. I'll agree its all rom related. Talk to Eric.

shryack01

Reaction score
I've been driving with it in extreme x mode for about 4 days know half throttles here and there it ran good then I wot today thats when it started surging when right when I let off

Cold Roller

Reaction score
What's relearning? Surge had nothing to do with a transmission

If he has an 03-04 the PCM may need a relearn for the turbo.

Surge can be affected by the transmission/drive-line tune and VGT parameters, especially if the RPM is low and the transmission is locked.

bigaF250

Reaction score
If its doing it when you let off then it's just the extra boost left over in the engine trying to get somewhere. That's normal and the only "fix" is a BOV

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Derkperk

Reaction score
Surge can be affected by the transmission/drive-line tune and VGT parameters, especially if the RPM is low and the transmission is locked.

Right. I was thinking the shifting strategy. Low rpm with a locked converter is a sure way to get a little surge.

shryack01

Reaction score
So I took it for a spin again did not surge this time ran good Thanks for your guys help what kinda of hp numbers you guys think I'm makeing Afe Cold erics extreme x tune 4" turbo back

swinky

Reaction score
So I took it for a spin again did not surge this time ran good Thanks for your guys help what kinda of hp numbers you guys think I'm makeing Afe Cold erics extreme x tune 4" turbo back

Glad you got it figured out. But for the love of god use some punctuation. Everything you write is hard to read.

Latest posts

Members online