Anyone know of anyone...?

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Wanting to replace the up pipes on my 2008 6.4 and put the H&S single turbo kit on it at the end of harvest. From the southwest corner of Iowa and don't really wanna travel all that far but will consider it. Anyone recommend any shops or anyone that could do this for a reasonable price and not run me dry with labor?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
All I told him was I could do it. Because he's not far from me. Not trying to take any work from a site sponsor. But there are none close to him.

no no .. i was more curious than anything buddy . have at it .

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Thanks for the input thinkin I'm gonna go with Morgan at Midwest sometime near the end of November.. Still trying to decide if I want the H&S kit or a Midwest kit with a bigger charger and add some fuel. Any input is welcome.

johnp115

Reaction score
Thanks for the input thinkin I'm gonna go with Morgan at Midwest sometime near the end of November.. Still trying to decide if I want the H&S kit or a Midwest kit with a bigger charger and add some fuel. Any input is welcome.

Well thats pretty open ended, what are your uses for the truck and your goals?.. if fuel is getting added too then i would go with midwest kit and 366-369 or bigger depending on what you want. If you're gonna stay stock fuel i would definitely get the h&s setup.

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Well thats pretty open ended, what are your uses for the truck and your goals?.. if fuel is getting added too then i would go with midwest kit and 366-369 or bigger depending on what you want. If you're gonna stay stock fuel i would definitely get the h&s setup.

Truck is a daily driver. Pull a little but not a lot and wanting to be somewhere around 650hp is my goal.

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Also, which kit between the H&S and the Midwest is the loudest? Currently have 5" turbo back to a 7" tip and don't really wanna have to put a muffler so kinda just wanna know which one is quiter.(Midwest kit would have a s366sxe or s369sxe)

Reaction score
Trust me you will need a muffler to shut up a single turbo 6.4, epically with a 5 inch. Once raced a friend in my straight piped single turbo 6.4, it had a straight piped exhaust that ended right before the right rear wheel and man, he came to me with a bloody left ear... LOL

6.4f350

Reaction score
I just put the H&S kit on my truck a few weeks ago. You're going to want a muffler with a single turbo. I have a 5" straight pipe and it was fine with the stock chargers but it's way too loud with the single. Other than that I have no complaints, the truck runs great with it.

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
I just put the H&S kit on my truck a few weeks ago. You're going to want a muffler with a single turbo. I have a 5" straight pipe and it was fine with the stock chargers but it's way too loud with the single. Other than that I have no complaints, the truck runs great with it.

Any pros and cons of the H&S kit you could tell me so far?

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Trust me you will need a muffler to shut up a single turbo 6.4, epically with a 5 inch. Once raced a friend in my straight piped single turbo 6.4, it had a straight piped exhaust that ended right before the right rear wheel and man, he came to me with a bloody left ear... LOL

Good lord what kit and turbo were you running?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Good lord what kit and turbo were you running?

Just how they are. Running morgan's kit, i've had 3 different turbo's on there. and the first turbo I tried I immediately put a 8" round x 30" length flo-pro muffler on my 5" exhaust. So much nicer. Buddy did the same with his H&S kit. I can cruise around and all I really hear is the turbo whistle from the intake.

strokedout6.4

Reaction score
Just how they are. Running morgan's kit, i've had 3 different turbo's on there. and the first turbo I tried I immediately put a 8" round x 30" length flo-pro muffler on my 5" exhaust. So much nicer. Buddy did the same with his H&S kit. I can cruise around and all I really hear is the turbo whistle from the intake.

So basically what you're saying is neither of the kits are toned down anymore than the other? The H&S kit clearly has some wicked turbo whistle to it.

Latest posts