Anyone running a PMF 7" Alpha lift on their 11-15 truck?

peont

Reaction score
I have the 7" alpha lift with the stage 3 no gusset traction bar blocks, bilstein 5100 shocks, the long arm 4 link, hd solid mount track bar, and the dual stabilizer kit with bilstein shocks. I love the setup the only regrets I have is not going taller and getting better upgraded shock. The ride is pretty good to be a little bumpy but that is more cause of my tire setup 37s toyo mts and 22s with a good amount of air pressure.
b7a3f9cc2aa08995a0ce9fffe2f159fb.jpg
d40dba00b53a4af0bd65b3d258e93d4d.jpg
9059c8cc4f665cad05368104551d74bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peont

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate it alot sorry for the messed up post tried to fix it but can't figure out how to edit it because I posted it on taptalk. There is no edit button at the bottom of the post for me when I am on the computer.

Last edited:

WydOpen

Reaction score
peont, thanks for the post and pics...your truck came out great. Some quick questions...

1. Why 4-link over the 3-link arms? I'm thinking of going with the 3-link myself as the website states they provide a tighter steering response, better street characteristics, and a more comfortable ride. My truck won't see a lot of off-road duty. Mostly just logging roads and sand dunes.

2. What rear block height did you go with? I see yours is an F250 like mine and I'm thinking of going with the 8" block to get a leveled look. I don't want the "cali lean" look I got with the 8" BDS kit on my 2006 F250.

3. Did you notice any additional steering slop after lifting it? My 2006 got sloppy with the BDS 8" lift, but my 2010 with a 6" ProComp wasn't as bad, but still noticeably sloppier than stock.

I'm thinking of going with the PMF 2.0 Race Series shocks and have them custom build to suite my driving style/needs (mostly pavement/daily driver).

Thanks again for your feedback!

peont

Reaction score
Your welcome on the feeback hopefully what I am writing is shedding some light on it for you and thanks appreciate it alot. One thing I can tell you that is a plus about this PMF lift is all the parts are made heavy duty and joints are rebuildable except for the heim joint on the trackbar.

1. I chose the 4-link over the 3-link after talking with trevor at PMF because the 4-link is able to go up to a 10 inch lift. So if I wanted to go taller later than 7inches I could further down the line when more money was available to do it if I wanted to. Trevor told me the 3-link will be a tighter steering feel kinda like stock and the 4-link will kinda walk or a little looser I could say maybe.

2. I have the 8inch rear block and my truck sits level.

3.My steering is not sloppy just a little looser than stock but still responses great for me. I had some body roll that I didn't like after the lift so I added a rear hellwig sway bar to fix that so now the body doesn't roll in the curves when I turn.

WydOpen

Reaction score
Perfect, that helps me make my decision. I definitely don't want to go taller so I think the 3-link arms will suit me just fine. I like the stance your truck has, so 8" for me as well. Good to hear on the steering. Do you know if the front springs are the Icon springs, or did he source them from somewhere else?

Ninjahawk

Reaction score
Hey peont
I'm looking to get this same lift.. I have a 2014 f350 Platinum What all came with your lift? Does it rub at all? And what offset or tires are you running? Truck looks great btw.

KingStroker

Reaction score
The front springs are icons 7inch lift springs.

Fwiw, I had 5100s on mine at stock height and when I took them off to lift it the bushings were busted, and one eye was warped. After some input from bilstein, I was told that they are gas shocks, so they need to be run with the rod up. I'm pretty sure this is the reason I did not like them, but you may want to check on that, man.
Edit: It looks like yours are positioned with the rod down on the rear.

Awesome truck

bruce65trojan

Reaction score
I have the 7" alpha lift with the stage 3 no gusset traction bar blocks, bilstein 5100 shocks, the long arm 4 link, hd solid mount track bar, and the dual stabilizer kit with bilstein shocks. I love the setup the only regrets I have is not going taller and getting better upgraded shock. The ride is pretty good to be a little bumpy but that is more cause of my tire setup 37s toyo mts and 22s with a good amount of air pressure.
b7a3f9cc2aa08995a0ce9fffe2f159fb.jpg
d40dba00b53a4af0bd65b3d258e93d4d.jpg
9059c8cc4f665cad05368104551d74bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that you have a B&W turnover installed on your truck. Can you still pull a gooseneck with this lift? I was worried about that and decided to go with the 4.5 Icon lift. But could always go bigger!

peont

Reaction score
Hey peont
I'm looking to get this same lift.. I have a 2014 f350 Platinum What all came with your lift? Does it rub at all? And what offset or tires are you running? Truck looks great btw.

Ninjahawk the 7inch alpha series lift came with a track bar drop bracket, track bar(which I upgraded to the HD solid mount one),long arm 4link kit( I chose the 4link instead of the 3link), sway bar drop brackets, traction bar/8inch block kit( I upgraded to stage 3 bars with no gussets so they are adjustable on both ends of the traction bars and 8inch block was to sit level), and bilstein 5100 shocks Front/Rear.
Then I got the dual steering stabilizer kit with bilstein shocks and I ordered S/S braided brake lines.
I am running 22X10 fuel maverick wheels with a -24mm offset and 37X13.5 Toyo MT tires. At first I rubbed when at full lock on the crappy inner fenders which I trimmed now it doesn't rub there and I still rub when turning very little on the bumper brackets by the wheel but very little.

peont

Reaction score
I noticed that you have a B&W turnover installed on your truck. Can you still pull a gooseneck with this lift? I was worried about that and decided to go with the 4.5 Icon lift. But could always go bigger!

I haven't tried pulling any other persons gooseneck but my own which my gooseneck has a taller neck on it for lifted truck to be able to pull it with the trailer being level and the neck not to hit the bed on a lifted truck. So I don't know about pulling a gooseneck with the normal height neck a gooseneck is made with.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.