Anyone swap out their e-locker for a Detroit locker or truetrac?

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Im getting tired of losing traction during daily driving. I am eating the hell out of my right rear tire. I had a truetrac in my 02 cclb with 37's and liked it. But im partially considering the full locker. Anyone have any comments on how they daily drive in our trucks? Trust me ive researched it just want to get some current opinions. The thing really holding me back is i drive in the city a lot so lots of tight turns , u turns etc and i drive like an A hole.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
So you are aggravated about the wear on your right rear tire. But considering a full on locker?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Throw a no-slip in the rear as long as they make the right size. I'm unaware of the new rear axle size and whatnot.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
yea.. man. i just read that thread lovnpsd's posted now im thinking no-slip rear, truetrac front as well. damnit i wish i knew someone who had one so i could see what its really like. only thing concerns me is the city driving i do lots of tight turns and u turns in baltimore.

Last edited:

Redrider8293

Reaction score
I did the spe full lock kit and all it did for me was throw reduced power codes and service advanctrac and down hill desent control after the one time I used it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I think the Truetrac is awesome. Have one in my Toyota and like it a lot. So after destroying my first set of tires in 6000 miles I put the Truetrac in. Makes all the difference in the world.

I don't offroad and am not impressed with a TT when the truck is crossed up (one wheel in the air) but on pavement, they work great.

Latest posts

Members online