anyone swap the 13+ touchscreen into a 2011?

sstrobl

Reaction score
anyone ever try to install the mytouch system from the 13 and newer trucks into an 11-12? i really like the setup in my moms 15 explorer sport and wanted to know if it was possible. heated steering wheel would be killer too but probably too involved. i know i would need the different dash panels and the actual screen which ive seen online. but i dont know what the differences are in the hookups for everything, hoping for some insight on what it would take. have some electrical experience from working on plow and dump trucks but not much in dealing with the computers that control everything.

jmm2262

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well. The majority of the cost will be the a/c control modules, sync module, the brain for the system, etc. When I talked to my friend who works as a mechanic at the local dealership, he said its not worth really worth the cost. He didnt break it down entirely on what was needed as well as the prices. He did say it would cost over $2500 in just parts. I'm assuming he's also thinking buying from Ford direct.

sstrobl

Reaction score
yeah i kind of figured it would be too pricey for my blood. i could see maybe $1000 for all the features youd gain but i cant justify that much. i think there is too much to change in how the electronics system works also. idk i guess it was wishful thinking someone had tried it

CATDiezel

Reaction score
There was a man that did it successfully on facebook. I think his name is AJ Newman. In ohio. I believe he had close to $6 or $7k all said and done. And from what I recall he has access to lots of parts from wrecked trucks and sources on ford components to boot. The cost and labor was very intensive!! I followed his entire build on the 13 dash swap. Wow. I was worn out following his progress! Haha

Latest posts

Members online