Anyone used these 6.4 Headlights

DWhite

Reaction score
When you bake them and get the lens off does that part you have painted red come out separate and you can just paint that... I could search for it but this is easier for my lazy ass... plus this government computer sucks balls and im afraid to venture too far from what I already got to load right...

Yeah it does. It all comes out in 3 pieces.
The lens, the bezel (red painted piece) and the back with bulb housings.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
index.php

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Ive noticed this too, on low beam its scattered like hell with my 55W 6000ks... On high beam they are nice and focused but focused too high and will piss them off even more than they are now... I get flashed all the time and I just turn on high beams on and they stop... I do kind feel bad.... a little...

I felt a "little" bad as well, haha but really now that I've done it, I probably won't procrastinate on the next set as it wasn't too bad.

Be careful with your 55W if you go projectors, some are known to melt 55W just too hot to be confined in a little projector. I'm sure you can hunt HIDplanet and find someone who has used a metal projector with 55W and no issues, but likely more modding of the headlight than a simpler H1 setup.

DWhite

Reaction score
Did the projectors yourself? The disassembly and painting looks almost too easy, which scares me lol

Haha, I'm telling you I was scared at first of messing stuff up and costing myself a set of new headlights, but if you take your time and follow the instructions they have posted as a sticky on here you can't go wrong and will be fine. It is really pretty simple and easy. I've taken apart and painted 3 sets and going to be doing my 6.7's pretty soon as well.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Dis-assembly isn't "hard" but IS time consuming. I bought a second set of headlights so I could bake them apart and mess around without handicapping my truck. The set I bought actually someone else tried to open and cracked the lens, bought that set for cheap and on purpose so I could **** it up even more while learning, and still having a perfect set on the truck :) I baked them for 10 minutes a pop @ 200F and did it roughly 5-6 times each headlight, SLOW STEADY pressure on the edge of the lense will slowly lift and separate the permaseal, rush it and you will crack something, slow and steady wins the race here.

Projectors and such were all myself, I did a little bit of dremel modding (second time using a dremel so a little rough but it worked) but I sent the painted stuff to a buddy at a body shop. He took a few days longer than I wanted as he wasn't happy with something, but hey I aint complaining still haven't paid him and I think they look WAY better than what I could have done with a rattle can.

Painted w/ no projector;
index.php

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Similar yes, that kit would work, I didn't use their kit as I had stuff of my own mixing with new stuff, here is my list;

Stock 08-10 Superduty Headlight Housings
Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors
Morimoto H1 Bulbs
DDM 35W HID Slim Ballast
Orbit Projector Shrouds
Morimoto MotoControl H13 Harness (**MUST HAVE**)
OCI Butyl Rubber Glue
80mm Rubber Housing Caps

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
The Mini H1 projectors come with a stupid BiXenon/Projector little connector, I think it works for some harnesses and not others, I have to cut mine off and wire on some 9006 extensions for the MotoControl harness, past that everything else plugs in that is the most wiring I will have to do.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Well if a Canadian can do it I should 😜... Thanks for the help. Whenever I get my 08 wiper transmission in and finally finish this conversion I'll work on the lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online