Anything wrong with going 0.040" over?

78f100

Reaction score
Do they need access to the glow plugs?
How do they do a compression test without actually measuring the compression?

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just would like to know, thanks.

It works by graphing the amperage draw of the starter. The lower compression cylinder takes less amperage to go past TDC on the compression stroke so you have a low spot on your graph. Pull the easiest to access glow plug which will cause a severe low spot on your graph and use your firing order to figure out which hole is the low one. Works like a charm!

A shop with a ids can do it easily also, it's a simple test, basically does what he described and gives you a graph. It's not 100 percent but will give a really good idea if a cylinder is hurt, then you can test that one with a gauge to see actual compression numbers. It's called a relative compression test.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Have had zero time to do anything since I have come home on Tuesday.
I did have time to hook up my Autoenginuity software and check for injector issues...none were displayed at all, so that's good I guess.
Maybe it's these new solenoids from Jesse...he did say that without the proper tuning for hybrids, it would idle with a lope.

I got a video shortened up here with the "miss" or "lope".

http://vid1141.photobucket.com/albums/n581/ExtendedPower/Mobile Uploads/Rough.mp4

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
That's how mine would idle with that icp number. Lower it to .8 and it will smooth out like factory. Mine did anyways - try it.

How? Through a hand held programmer, or contact the tuner?

I hope its something that simple...and not something internal.

04cr450

Reaction score
Very simple. Just contact the tuner. My current tunes are from chris at tsd and the truck idles like factory now. ********s were choppy like yours. Good tunes just rough idling.

Latest posts

Members online