Attention: 2015 Owners

Rucky

Reaction score
Do your exhaust brakes come on at an idle? If you're one of the lucky few that has had the emissions equipment spontaneously fall off, I'd like to hear the sounds. And if someone doesn't mind, I'd love to get my hands on the exported MCC files for the sake of comparison. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

135Hoster

Reaction score
I thought mcc tuning doesn't work on the 2015's

Also mine sounds like a vacuum at idle =\ Much different than my 2011.

I'm deleted with a 4" flopro exhaust

Rucky

Reaction score
I thought mcc tuning doesn't work on the 2015's

Also mine sounds like a vacuum at idle =\ Much different than my 2011.

I'm deleted with a 4" flopro exhaust

Your probably right. I haven't paid much attention to the '15 banter, but now I'm interested. Got a sound clip? What kind of boost or EBP do you see at idle/high idle?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I was messing around with mine again today and even tho it says it's on, I can't see/feel/hear it work.I tried it the other day pulling my 18ft car hauler and still nothing.Only thing I felt was the downshifting to slow down with tow/haul on.Ive seen the vids of other makes change the exhaust tone drastically when the exhaust brake is turned on but I've never heard a change even when mine was Stock!
I'm deleted with 5" Flopro and Pip tunes!

Charles

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
When I put mine in tow/haul the exhaust brake comes on. Don't even have to use the button anymore. Deleted with pip. I can definitely feel the difference.

Rucky

Reaction score
What happens if you press the button at idle? I'm basically wondering if it works similarly to the Cummins. It'd be nice to see where boost, EBP, and torque are at both at an idle and while the exhaust brake is functional empty. Going to try to replicate the effect on my '11 using MCC. Obviously the engine can handle it, it's just a matter of getting the parameters to match with the smaller turbo.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I think kem is the only one that allows the exhaust break to still operate. With pip you loose that function

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I think kem is the only one that allows the exhaust break to still operate. With pip you loose that function

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

False statement. My truck is pip tuned and exhaust brake functions just like it should. I also tuned another 15 that is used to pull 30k lbs religiously.. Exhaust brake does awesome, it is also pip tuned and pulls amazing. It's setup with pmf ladder bars, wireless air bags and has been tuned since 150miles on the odo. Couldn't be happier with either truck or with Mike at No Limit and at PIP! Awesome customer service at both ends.

truckmaniac

Reaction score
Weird, I have kem tunes and no exhaust brake for me, I found out loaded with 16k on a gooseneck going down a 5% grade

You should be able to contact the Vendor who sold you the SCT + KEM tunes and get them to send you some new files. It was my understanding that the exhaust brake worked with KEM tunes that were initially released to the general public.

I run PIP and they didn't have the exhaust brake operational with their first tunes. I contacted them and once they got it figured out, they sent me the revised files.

Latest posts