Audio guys please help!!!!

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I've got an 03 6.0. Went to put an aftermarket deck in and couldn't get the sound to work. I have since tried 3 different decks and 3 different wiring harnesses. All have the same results but everything works perfect with the factory deck. Any ideas guys?

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Any pics so we can see what you're working with? What harness are you using? What head unit?

Does the aftermarket unit power on at all? Or no

KYkickinit

Reaction score
It's just a dual deck from Walmart with the harness to match it up to my factory plug. Yeah the deck powers on and everything in it works fine except the sound.

Buck1

Reaction score
Have put a couple in and never had this issue. Assume the sound worked with old deck?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
You're positive that you wired the speakers in correctly between the back of the radio and the harness adapter?

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Why dont you wire it up on the workbench and test it? all you need is a battery, couple pieces of wire and 1 speaker. Pop a cd in it and see if it makes sound to each pair of speaker wires.

2000wa250

Reaction score
By color code? Or did you follow the instructions on the harness adapter? Because I know if you connect by color with some adapters its not connected properly...

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I did it by color I'll have to look and see if I can find the instructions. Anyone happen to have a link. It's the harness from autozone.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I've tried 3 different ones now none of them will work. Got a chance to plug it into a different truck and it worked flawlessly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.