Bad ficm?

Lsutigerjr

Reaction score
I have an 03, f250 6.0 last weekend I drove out of town. I had a difficult time starting after the truck sat for a couple days. The next am the truck started up as usual. And drove home. The following morning same hard to get started. I have no check engine light on. I just replaced the fuel filters. Would a faulty ficm cause the check engine light to come on?

Lsutigerjr

Reaction score
I don't have a scanner. So no. I hear the injectors buzz every time I cycle the key. I just got this truck. So everything about it is new to me. I got on here so I can read and maybe learn some stuff about this truck. Didn't know I'd need it so soon. What's a good reader, so I can get info off the truck.

Lsutigerjr

Reaction score
I was reading how to check it but I'm doing some work out of town and my fluke is at the house. Seems like some sort of light would come on. Thanks I'm gonna resume this when I can supply better info.

Atsah

Reaction score
me neither, guy i know just had his fixed putting out 19 volts and never threw a check engine light.

19V? Nice.. His injectors must have liked that.. It sure would be nice if it did throw a CEL just to point people in the right direction..

Last edited:

Lsutigerjr

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be able to check the voltage when I get home. Then I'll know. Would this cause a slight tick compared to other trucks of the same time frame?

05wh250

Reaction score
19V? Nice.. His injectors must have liked that.. It sure would be nice if it did throw a CEL just to point people in the right direction..

It still runs lol. He said it would only start if you plugged the block heater in for 30 minutes or so. And this was a month ago when it was 90 plus

Mdub707

Reaction score
Its amazing how poor or smooth these trucks run with different FICMs even those that still test good. I have some that test 48 across the board but make the truck knock and run like trash. Others are butter smooth and make the truck idle really quiet.

Atsah

Reaction score
Who do y'all suggest I send it to for repair once I check it?

Because even though your FICM may read 48V doesn't mean it is working properly.. They have solder issues and some of the components are not as good as they could be.. 6.0 FICM's cause issues and your better off either getting it to someone that knows how to repair right or just buy a HD 48V or 58V from someone such as Swamps diesel (a vendor here)..

Lsutigerjr

Reaction score
Took it out and sent it to ficmrepair.com. Got it back today. Put it in and fired right up. Happy dude. ;) lol

Latest posts

Members online